* OK, Antwaun Woods is here for Wednesday's helmets and shoulder pads practice and out of his cumbersome left elbow brace with just his preferred sleeve that he'll wear in games. Reports or maybe better, rumors, of Twocka's "re-injury" seem to have been exaggerated.
* Khaliel Rodgers out today not in pads yet but wearing a left knee brace and moving well in his jersey and shorts and hanging with his offensive teammates. Moving around easily.
* Neat punt returning thing the guys are doing trying to start with one or two balls in hand and catch a live punt. No soft hands on this one but soft receptive body required. Really good idea. Su'a and Chris Hawkins getting it down.
* We see the debut today of Scout team punter Reid Budrovich who crushed the ball hitting it from the 25 and having it come down a couple of times inside the other 10 yard line. Was there a big wind? Yes. But the lefty from St. John Bosco got it to turn over way up in wind current. Impressive stuff. Looks like they have a backup for Kris Albarado.
* Just a different look with the ones starting out against the ones in the first 11 on 11 with Leonard Williams and Antwaun lined up next to one another on defense.
* Both teams firing in the first go-round of no-contact, no-tackling work.
* Max Browne looks like he's come a long way the last week. Growing into the position. Confident and comfortable. A guy they could win with, Sark says, with a gameplan set up for exactly what he can do well right now. Not many throws he's just hoping to fit into a tight window.
* As is the usual pattern, Adoree Jackson going with defense to start.
* Freshman O-lineman Jordan Austin back for the second day on crutches after his hip surgery.
* Victor Blackwell just keeps making plays. Can't not consider him very much in the WR mix.
* Seeing a lot more of Viane Talamaivao with the first team as Toa Lobendahn getting some rest here, although later Sark admits that Toa did not want to take the time off but he had it coming and it was the smart thing to do..
* Giovanni Di Poalo going at second center here for Toa. Aundrey Walker at second RG.
* Most amazing single thing we've seen in fall practice. When Damien Mama, all 6-foot-5 and 377 pounds of him, looks positively normal-sized lining up next to 6-9, 345-pound Zach Banner.
* Woods finishes up his day and gets iced down like a 300-pound Clayton Kershaw. Smart. He went hard with the ones and now he's done. Sark says he'd have gone every play every series if they'd let him but again, they're being smart about this.
* Adoree in with the first group on offense for seven on seven. You put him in motion from one side all the way to the other and you put all sorts of pressure on the defense to adjust on the fly.
* Going to be interesting figuring out the substitution patterns on defense since that just didn't happen last year. They do it a lot -- and fast and with a number of the front seven among the rotatees including a very much improved Greg Townsend Jr.
* Extensive seven on seven today allowing us to see things when both sides really know what they're doing or trying to do. Cody Kessler could not look sharper.
* Third series of the 11 on 11 has Adoree opening with a 20-yard diving catch followed by JuJu on a 35-yard leaping catch above coverage followed by a 60-yard crossing route TD to Buck -- all from Cody topped off by TD bombs to Blackwell and Bryce Dixon.
* Sark says that's what they were trying to do and Cody and the catchers could not have done it better.
Thursday Practice Quick Slant
USCFootball.com Top Stories
All eyes on Jordan McLaughlin in 2016-17With the departure of Julian Jacobs and transfer of two guards, USC point guard Jordan McLaughlin will be the center of attention for the Trojans and their key to success.
For USC, from 'must win' a week ago to . . .They're in a different place this week, these USC Trojans are. There's no other way to say it. This is way past 'must win' territory.
20 years of USCFootball.comA brief history of USCFootball.com and some interesting stories from the past 20 years covering USC football.
Martin Andrus staying in contact with TrojansHARBOR CITY, Calif. -- Los Angeles (Calif.) Senior four-star defensive lineman Martin Andrus talks about tough loss to Narbonne and how recruiting is going, including the latest…
Darreus Rogers has a new planDarreus Rogers talks about blocking for Adoree' Jackson on kickoffs, assesses his season a third of the way through and responds to critics that say JuJu Smith-Schuster isn't being…
USCFootball.comYesterday at 4:30 PM