- It’s a double day Friday with the morning session mimicking a game-week Thursday with helmets, shorts, no pads.
- The second practice will be a Friday closed walkthrough the day before the game before the team heads to the hotel to do their game-day meetings and prep work.
- Saturday will have the team heading to the Coliseum when the music festival in the parking lot has 40,000 to 50,000 fans there to give them a good feel for game day. After that it's back to campus for Salute To Troy in the late afternoon.
- Nose guard Antwaun Woods was jumping around and conducting the pre-practice music with his left sleeve-protected elbow. Woods then gets a late-arriving redesigned elbow brace on top on the sleeve.
- Nose guard Cody Temple getting in with the second team defense at nose today.
- For team photos, USC took the players' pictures in ties and cardinal blazer. And for years the largest one they've ever had to use — even with a rip in the seam down the back — it did not fit Damien Mama without some subterfuge. See if you can figure out how they did it.
- The team used new game balls Friday.
- Jordan Simmons played second team left guard next to Aundrey Walker at left tackle Friday.
- The team practiced several special situations Friday in preparation for game day.
- Freshman Adoree Jackson continues to get touches on the offensive side of the football Friday.
- Max Browne and Jalen Greene received most of the reps at quarterback Friday.
- Two additional health notes post-practice: Tre Madden, who hasn't been here the last two days, will see a specialist Friday for his turf toe. Steve Sarkisian said no one ever wants to mess with running backs' feet. Sakisian says he'll probably be a game-day decision for Fresno State.
- Linebacker Lamar Dawson's knee just hasn't come around and it's been tough for him to handle coming into his senior season standing on the sidelines. The goal right now is to re-motivate him as his knee gets closer to having him cleared and maybe after the first three games and the bye week, Dawson could be ready to come back and go.
- Sarkisian said Friday the team figured it made sense to give Kessler a light day. For Kessler, who didn't learn he was getting the day off until he got here, and couldn't remember the last time he didn't do a full practice, it was good to have a day off. The goal, Sark said, is to have this team fresh and ready next Saturday with another team day off coming Sunday.
Friday practice quick slant
USCFootball.com Top Stories
PODCAST: Dan Weber's latest takesDan Weber talks about the aftermath of the loss to Utah, what needs to change on the practice field, Ed Orgeron being named interim head coach at LSU and the state of officiating…
Just Sayin' - Back home, not back on track?Back home at 1-3 and going against a dangerous Arizona State team, USC has run out of options. No more talk. No more explanations or excuses for the Trojans. As former USC…
Miller having big yearC.J. Miller may not have five-stars next to his name, but he is proving to be a top performer this season for McEachern High School.
USC vs. Utah Game HighlightsThe Trojans lost a heart breaker in Utah, but it wasn't all bad for the Trojans. Check out these USC highlights shot by Keely Eure at field level.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 3:22 PM