* They're back and in full pads for Tuesday's open workout although a new guard says it's not. So we wait and watch across the street from Goux Gate as the players and coaches filter in.
* Maybe he started Monday when the bonus practice/walktrough was closed to the media.
* Scout team out in black jerseys to start so it's back to game prep time.
* Leonard Williams and Randall Telfer both out in full pads looking ready to go.
* Lamar Dawson and Greg Townsend Jr. also out in pads with Townsend after chicken pox closer to playing than Dawson after his knee surgery. Also seeing Devian Shelton back as well.
* Damien Mama moving better than last week although Jordan Simmons still has to take it easy at times on that knee.
* Tre Madden out late, not in pads and moving very slowly to start but he gets much more involved doing some lateral bag work with the ball then some straight running, jumping and cutting over the bags. Still being careful but much stronger now. Putting some real pressure on that.turf toe..
* All-out kick and punt return work to start with nine return guys getting their chances.
* But then there are seven punters and placekickers to match them.
* Gerald Bowman seems to be joining Hayes Pullard and Antwaun Woods as a veteran leader on this defense that looks like it could use all the leadership it can get.
* D-line opens by working on quick starts, hand placement and disengaging, something they didn't get done at BC.
* Hard to believe your eyes with the seven yellow-jersied quarterbacks now after the two latest walkons. Haven't seen a number like that here in forever.
* Those numbers help get the opening pass-catching drills off to a flying start for the dozen WR's and TE's with four going at a time.
* Good pace to practice thus far. Good energy and noise. Seems to have picked up a bit -- certainly from BC week.
* Seeing Su'a Cravens everywhere out there from punt returns to safety to sixth DB/LB/whatever. He's an active guy out there. A lot to learn for the sophomore.
* The first ones-vs.-ones offense ?s. Defense just seems to be off to a quicker start here.
* Looks like Adoree Jackson getting almost all the first-team reps at corner while Su'a seems to be jumping in at SAM over Scott Felix opposite J.R. Tavai.
* The work of the ones -- and twos -- against the Scout team looks much more game speed and tempo this week. No tackling but a picked-up pace.
* And now the twos are going against the twos with a better run result to start. Just a quick series but liked the look of the way they jumped into it.
* Still lots of breakdown time for OSU prep stuff and in effect, walkthrough sessions.
* The seven on seven work with the ones against the ones seems to have more of a competitive edge to it as the new wrinkles, especially on defense, get worked on.
* Adoree going both ways again but not as much time for offense today.
* Don't see that often. Two different placekickers -- Andre Heidari and Matt Boermeester -- hit the crossbar on successive kicks from 52 yards out with Heidari's bouncing over. Neat.
* One other player back and ready to go after his achilles strain is freshman safety John Plattenburg.
* Just much more active Scout team work on both sides it appears. Has to be a good thing.
* Ineligible TE Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick just keeps making plays for the Scout team again.
* And at 10:08 we are at the three horns finish.
* Lots of talk from Sark, Cody K and Tim Drevno about how this team goes about fixing things. Plenty to talk about in the practice report storythis afternoon.
Tuesday Practice Quick Slant
USCFootball.com Top Stories
Zach Banner talks LenDale White Twitter dramaRedshirt senior OL Zach Banner talks about his Twitter exchange with LenDale White as well as having Sam Darnold as quarterback.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 8:10 PM
Sam Darnold talks about his first startUSC has found their quarterback in Sam Darnold. He would have loved to pick up the win, but Darnold showed a lot during his first start.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 7:42 PM
Tuesday Instant Analysis & Clay Helton videoKeely Eure and Dan Weber discuss all of the news and notes from USC's Tuesday practice with information on Noah Jefferson, injuries, Sam Darnold's first start and lots more.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 7:17 PM
Lang looking at two official visitsMaranatha three-star athlete Terrance Lang has had a rough start to his senior season with an injury that was sidelined him the past two games.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 4:48 PM