Junior captain Adoree Jackson can do it all. He wasn't needed for the Trojans on offense against Arizona State, but he did lead the team with five tackles and returned three kickoffs and punts.
After the 41-20 victory Jackson talked to the media. Here are a few of the highlights as well as the full audio of our conversation.
- On if they were having more fun out there: "Yeah, at`the same time we really don't have much to lose, so it was one of my messages to them. Just go out there and have fun. Let's have a party and let's just play ball like we are capable of playing and it showed out there today."
- Did Sam Darnold motivate the defense? "You seen him out there, it's just exciting to see a guy like that. Being able to run the ball and throw the ball and run while he's throwing. It gets us fired up to do stuff."
- Sense of relief to get a win? "I wouldn't say a sense of relief but it is good that we got a win. It's still not nothing, it's just one win, we are 2-3 now, we just can't celebrate and have a jolly old time because we won a game. We have to keep grinding."
- Could this be a turning point for USC? "It could be. That's one of those things you never know what may happen, but it could be a turning point. We just want to try and keep this momentum going and go forward from there."
- How big was Jonathan Lockett's interception? "I was just excited that Jonathan Lockett was out there ballin' so I was fired up. I watched his highlight tape at Mater Dei and saw what kind of guy he was. Now to see him have that same swagger back it's just awesome for him to get that opportunity. He was out there doing his thing. They targeted him because they thought he was fresh and new and but he showed them that he has that big play ability."
- How does it feel when both the offense and defense are clicking? "It feels great. When you have the offense going well and the defense doing well you just want to keep that momentum going."
Not a USCFootball.com member? Sign up now and you'll get a seven day FREE trial! Join the Peristyle Family and get all the great information from USC football practices, Trojan football games, access to the Peristyle and all of the premium recruiting updates on USCFootball.com! Become a member today!
Ryan Abraham has been the publisher of USCFootball.com since 1996. You can follow him on Twitter at @InsideTroy or email him at email@example.com.