* Among those who had been hurt who were practicing were Scott Ware, Drew Radovich and Frostee Rucker. Alex Holmes, John David Booty and Chris Barrett dressed but did not go through all the contact drills. Will Buchanon and LaJuan Ramsey did not dress in full pads.
* Darnell Bing was back in action and he had an active practice. He had good coverage of Fred Davis in the 7 on 7 drill and he returned an intercepted Matt Leinart pass for a touchdown. Darnell also had a pick against the scout team offense. I talked to Darnell after practice and he said he is still at strong safety, the official depth chart listed him at FS, and he is easing back into practice so that the shoulder can get adjusted but he felt real good out there today.
* In addition to Bing, Kevin Arbet had a pick in the scout team offense drills while Josh Pinkard had the biggest hit of the drill.
* We saw a couple nice plays from our receivers in the 7 on 7 drills. Chris McFoy made a nice catch in traffic and then another one across the middle. It's becoming clear that McFoy is a receiver who will do the dirty work when needed. Dwayne Jarrett continued to shine with his acrobatic sideline catches. Kevin Arbet had a nice play for the defense when he went up with Jarrett and knocked a pass away.
* When the field goal defense unit got some practice they blocked three kicks.
* Leinart had a couple touchdowns to Jarrett in the 11 on 11 team drill at the end of practice. Steve Smith ran the ball to the sideline on one play and when he was tackled out of bounds he ran over the referee but John Walker was there to give the ref a helping hand to get up. Leinart hit Nick Vanderboom for a touchdown on the final play of practice.
* Chilo Rachal watched practice from the sidelines as a spectator.