* DB Brian Cushing was scheduled to make a visit to USC this past weekend but he wanted to reschedule until after his high school season was done. "It was just a precautionary thing on my part because we're right in the middle of the season. That's such a long trip and I want to enjoy the visit while I'm out there. My plan is to do it after the season because I don't want to miss any practice time or anything with my team." Cushing will choose from USC, Notre Dame, Louisville and Virginia.
* The top tight end in the nation has said he plans to take a visit to USC. DajLeon Farr, cousin of former Washington Huskie DT D'Marco Farr, has indicated that he will visit USC and Miami after the season. He has already taken official visits to Nebraska and Oklahoma (Florida and LSU are in consideration for the fifth trip).
* One of the top remaining offensive lineman on the wish list is Dace Richardson and he will visit USC later this year (no date set). He has already tripped to Tennessee and will visit Iowa as well. Dace grew up in the San Fernando Valley before moving to the midwest.
* Larry Brackins is a JC All-American receiver with tremendous size and talent. He says USC, Alabama, Florida State, and Ole Miss are his top choices right now. "I'm 6-5, 220 and I run a 4.4 40. I have like 34 catches for 695 yards and 6 TD's this year. I have also returned 3 punts for TD's." Brackins intends to enroll at a 4-year school next fall although it's unclear if he will be academically eligible for USC.
* This is not a deep year for high school running backs and the Trojans have kept options open with West Virginia commit Jason Gwaltney. Jason, from North Babylon, NY, is saying he's still a Mountaineer verbal but he will take trips to USC (12/7) and Ohio State (10/29). USC recently began picking up their recruiting of Jonathan Stewart from Washington as well as they continue to look for quality runners.
* Luthur Brown says he will officially visit USC, LSU and Miami with the Trojans and the Tigers as the top two schools on his list right now. Brown and his Lakewood team will face LB Poly on Friday, November 5th on the FSN2 high school game of the week.
* Among the top underclassmen at Trojan home games in recent weeks were Mission Viejo tight end Konrad Reuland and Oaks Christian QB Jimmy Clausen. Reuland is a junior who began his freshman career as a basketball player at Mater Dei but he's now a top football prospect for the Diablos. He's got terrific size and footwork as well as soft hands and the Trojans are a school he will definitely consider. Konrad walked up the tunnel after the game with his teammate, and Trojan commit, Mark Sanchez. Clausen is one of the top sophomores in the area and he is drawing early comparisons to some of the best signal callers ever to come from Southern California. His brother Casey started for four years at Tennessee but right now the Trojans are in a good position in terms of schools he will be looking at. Jimmy has size, arm strength and tremendous composure for a sophomore.
Trojan recruit stats:
Mark Sanchez 81-129 for 1,251 yards with 12 TD's and 1 pick
Marlon Lucky 119 carries, 917 yards, 19 TD's
Patrick Turner 41 catches, 686 yards, 7 TD's
Luthur Brown 50 tackles (33 solo), 2 sacks