* Robert Peele – the corner position is one of the top priorities for this recruiting class and the Trojans recently offered Peele at that spot. The Edison of Fresno star, who is coached by former USC All-American Tim McDonald, said he is "somewhat" of a commit to USC but he wants to wait until he takes his official visit on December 10th before confirming anything. Peele will also consider Cal and Arizona.
* Nick Howell – another Fresno area star, Howell gave a verbal commit to the Trojans recently and is planning on attending the USC game against Notre Dame later this month with an official visit set for late January.
* Erik Lorig – Lorig is an impressive physical football player although it's unclear what spot he will play at the college level. He is being recruited as a tight end, a fullback, a defensive end and a linebacker with some scouts even saying offensive line could end up being his likely destination. Erik claims a top group of USC, Cal, Stanford and UCLA. He recently attended a Trojan home game and said, "The atmosphere at the Coliseum is intense. It's how college football is supposed to be."
* Charles Brown – there have been many reports that Brown might be a verbal to the Trojans but he continues to publicly state that he is still open in the recruiting process. Brown says it could come down to a USC vs UCLA battle although Oregon and Arizona will be in the mix as well. Brown is being recruited as a tight end with many scouts believing he will end up on the OL or DL.
* Luthur Brown – One of the top linebackers in the nation and a top prospect on the USC wish list, Brown will appear in action this Friday night on Fox Sports West 2 (7:00pm) as his Lakewood team takes on Long Beach Poly (with top wideout recruit Desean Jackson). Luthur has been a terror this season including a recent Homecoming game when he had six tackles, one and a half sacks, a forced fumble, a blocked extra point, and a blocked punt. He also had a big hit which knocked the opposing QB out of the game.
* Kevin Ellison – Kevin is one of those players who the more you see the more you like him. He's just a "football player" who does a lot of things right and he stars on both sides of the ball for Redondo (they play Peninsula and Erik Lorig this week in a game that could decide the league title). Kevin will take official visits to USC, Cal, Colorado and Oregon State with the Trojans rumored to be the leaders for his services.
* Will Harris – Harris took an official visit to ASU and now lists the Sun Devils on his short list along with USC, Cal and UCLA.
* Reggie Smith – The talented athlete continues to put up big numbers on both sides of the ball but says he is being recruited primarily to play free safety at the college level. He enjoyed his trip to USC two weeks ago, "The weather is great in California and it doesn't get as cold there. The team also seems real close. They all hung out together and they didn't fight or argue with each other at all. I got to eat at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles and it was good. It's a weird combination, but it works."
* Brandis Dew – Brandis is making an assault on the passing records this year but it remains to be seen if he will be a quarterback at the college level. He's got an amazingly strong arm and quick release which leads many to believe that not only will he play QB, he will be a pretty good one as well. So far LSU, Colorado and UTEP are showing the most interest as a QB with USC, Florida State and San Diego State recruiting him as an athlete.