* Deuce Lutui is around 355 right now and is continuing to get in better shape. It will be interesting to see how he is able to play next year after a whole off-season of conditioning at Camp Carlisle.
* One of the best drills of the day was a RB/TE vs LB pass coverage drill. The offensive guys got the better of the defenders and one guy who made a couple plays was Chris Barrett.
* Reggie Bush left practice after hitting his hand on a helmet but x-rays were negative and he should be fine. It gave us a chance to see more Hershel Dennis and Desmond Reed and both guys had big plays. Reed took one carry to the right before quickly cutting upfield, he made Collin Ashton miss without laying a hand on him and the offensive players gave a lot of grief to the defenders. It was a terrific run. Hershel also had a run where he headed up the middle but bounced outside for a nice gain.
* Ryan Killeen and Mario Danelo set up placekicks on each hashmark as they alternated attempts. Both guys hit the majority of their kicks and there wasn't a clear winner in terms of who looked better.
* Frostee Rucker did not practice (toe) so we saw Shaun Cody (Lombardi Award finalist) at end with Manuel Wright at tackle.
* We saw a lot of Jeff Byers at center with Travis Watkins at LG. When Ryan Kalil was in at center Byers moved to LG.