* There was a good run drill held on Brian Kennedy Field which got started with a nice run from Hershel Dennis up the middle. Desmond Reed followed that a few plays later with a run to the sideline, he had Matt Grootegoed in pursuit but Desmond cut back to the middle and gained extra yardage while eluding Groots. Collin Ashton had a nice hit on Dennis. Reggie Bush showed pure speed with a run up the middle. Reed fumbled and there was much disagreement between the offense and defense as to who recovered the ball. It was good to see the players having a spirited debate over one practice field fumble. The hit of the day came from Thomas Williams who put a perfect form tackle on Bush trying to come up the middle. It was the kind of hit which caused onlookers to nod and smile to each other in delight.
* As John Drake slowly ambled his way from one drill to the next one practice observer commented "he's no Mikhail Baryshnikov".
* The team moved to Howard Jones Field for the end of day drills. Reggie took a handoff and lowered a shoulder on his first run after taking the hard shot in the previous drill. John David Booty threw a rope across the middle to Dwayne Jarrett for a 15 yard gain, Booty's arm continues to look good. Terrell Thomas had a terrific play with a pass breakup along the sideline, Booty had thrown a nice ball toward John Walker who was about to make the grab but Terrell reached his long arm out and made the play. A couple plays after that Greg Farr had a pick of Rocky Hinds. Both kickers came out to try a 31 yard field goal and they were both good.
* The 1st team offense went against the 1st team defense. Leinart hit Lee Webb with a short pass only to be dropped immediately by Dallas Sartz. Matt then hit Jarrett for 17 yards. Bush had a cutback run where he lost Sartz and gained 7 yards. Justin Wyatt knocked away a Leinart pass attempt to Walker. Matt tried to dump a pass to Hershel but Groots was there to stop it and force a field goal from 30 by Killeen which was good.
* The 2nd units came out and Thomas Williams got things started with another big hit, this time on Reed as Williams drove him to the ground. Booty hit Reed on a slant and Desmond wove his way for 22 yards. The defense held and Mario Danelo came on to kick a 42 yard field goal which was good.
* Travis Tofi practiced. Eric Wright twisted his left knee during a drill on Brian Kennedy Field and sat out the last part of practice. Scott Ware sat out the majority of the day. Chris McFoy looked to be moving pretty well but he still didn't practice, nor did Steve Smith.
* The team will practice on Thursday and then will have the weekend off. Several coaches will be out recruiting and Coach Pete Carroll will get a chance to watch his son Nate in action at the Peninsula HS first round playoff game. Nate is a two way starter for the Panthers as a junior WR/CB.