Once again the team came out with a lot of energy as they focused on their timing in terms of getting plays into the huddle and executing under game conditions. For the most part we saw the first offense go against the 2nd defense and the 2nd offense go against the first defense.
Here's a few of the highlights:
* Matt Leinart threw three touchdown passes, two to Dwayne Jarrett and one to Steve Smith, as Matt continues to be calm under pressure while preparing for this game. His arm strength was good as Matt was zipping the ball around the field and he also showed good touch on the first TD to Jarrett when he put the ball up high where only the outstretched arms of Jarrett could get it. Matt overthrew an open Reggie Bush in the end zone on one play and that's not something you'll see too often with the speedy Bush.
* Bush had a nice kickoff return where he showcased his speed by making some nice cuts and getting up the field for good yardage.
* Matt Grootegoed was all over the place for the defense. There wasn't any tackling in the drills but Matt did put a pretty good pop on Desmond Reed as Desmond was trying to juke his way through the line. There was one sequence where Matt was in on four out of five tackles.
* Reed got a lot of work today and scored a short TD at the end of the practice. If we need him to be a major part of the offense on Tuesday he will be ready to go.
* John Drake led the way for Bush on one running play and after Reggie blew past him Drake kept on going for a good ten yards before he came to a stop. Once that big body gets going it's hard to stop.
* Eric Wright and Dallas Sartz each had an interception. Wright and Terrell Thomas also had nice pass break-ups.
* Mike Patterson had a sack where he relentlessly pursued John David Booty to the sideline before making the play.
* Chris McFoy had back to back nice catches from Leinart.
* When the three horns sounded to signal the end of practice the team gathered at the fifty yard line for an enthusiastic meeting that saw Ryan Kalil leading the team in their chants. Players and coaches were hopping up and down, Eric Wright hopped on the back of Manny Wright, it was a positive way to end the practice.
* The team received a police escort back to the hotel and they will have one final walk through tomorrow at Pro Player Stadium before the game on Tuesday.