* Nease (FL) quarterback Tim Tebow is preparing to leave in early July for a three-week church mission in the Phillipines and he will return in time for the Elite 11 camp later that month. Tebow will spend part of June taking unofficial visits to various schools on his target list, the Trojans will not get one of those summer visits but Tim has already said he will take an official visit to USC in the fall.
* The Trojans are after another speedy East Coast linebacker as Maryland star Akeem Hebron claims to have received an offer from the Trojans over the weekend. Hebron, from Good Counsel HS, is 6-2, 195 and runs in the 4.5 range. Akeem had 110 tackles with 11 sacks last season while being named 1st team All-State.
* After taking four stellar linebackers in last years class it's unclear how many will take at that position this year but there are several in-state candidates who have risen to the top of the wish list. Allen Bradford and Joshua Tatum have received offers so far while Jonathan Cornell and Mark Johnson are two others who will get serious consideration.
* Dominguez FS Marvin Johnson impressed onlookers during spring practice as the best player on what is expected to be a talented Don team. Johnson is a 5-10, 185 heavy hitter who has terrific instincts for the ball and for the big play. Marvin has a 3.5 GPA and has offers so far from Mississippi State and Arizona.
* Sylmar RB/DB C.J. Gable had expressed doubts about USC's interest in him during a recent interview but that has all been cleared up as Trojan DB coach Greg Burns spoke with him last week and confirmed that USC is very interested in him on either side of the ball. Gable has indicated that he doesn't care which position he plays at the next level.
* Right now there are four primary out of state targets on the offensive line in Steve Schilling, Sam Young, Butch Lewis and Ian Symonette while Zack Heberer is a key in-state guy who could get an offer based upon his performance at the USC lineman camp on Sunday.