One guy who really had a bounce in his step today was LenDale White. He was moving well and running with authority. In the run drill on Brian Kennedy Field LenDale broke a long TD run off the right side and then Reggie followed on the next play with a TD run of his own. LenDale also did a good job in the pass blocking drill where he held his own against Dallas Sartz.
* Rey Maualuga also had a good play in the pass rush drill when he came hard and put the opposing RB on his butt.
* Dominique Byrd caught a nice pass in the open field during the team drill and ran for the touchdown with Fred Matua leading the way and looking for someone to block.
* Fred Davis had a real nice catch at the goal line where he reached over the defender to make the grab.
* Terrell Thomas blocked a FG attempt.
*Desmond Reed showed terrific concentration on a slant pass from Booty as Kevin Ellison arrived at the same time as the ball but Des was able to hang on.
* McFoy went to the sidelines right away after taking the shot to the ribs from Thomas Williams and after the series of plays was over Matt Leinart ran to the sidelines to check on Chris and see how his receiver was doing.
* One potential walk-on in attendance was Peter Roses, a LB/S from Valley College. Roses (6-0, 225) originally signed with Nebraska but suffered a broken leg and didn't end up there. He turned down an offer from UNLV and will sit out this fall while hoping to gain the academic units necessary to transfer to USC in 2006 "some people think I'm crazy for turning down a scholarship to a school like UNLV but this is where I want to be, I want to play for the Trojans". He played at Valley College with Rashaad Goodrum and one of his coaches at Santa Monica HS was Sam Anno.
* Fox Sports football analyst D'Marco Farr was in attendance today and he was impressed by what he saw. "This team practices harder than a lot of pro teams, there's more talent on the field than some pro teams as well!" This was the first trip to the USC campus for Farr as he committed to Washington out of high school before taking a scheduled USC visit but he made the comment "this is what I've always imagined a college campus is supposed to look like".