We saw the first team defense work against the scout offense with Mike McDonald doing his best Kellen Clemens impression. McDonald would start off each play in the shotgun with the ball in his hand rather than simulate the center snap. Darnell Bing had a pick in this drill and he also gave up a touchdown pass when Jimmy Miller reached over him in the end zone to pull in a nice reception. After one play McDonald came to a stop and Frostee Rucker gave him a hard bump which sent McDonald on his butt and brought a big smile to Frostee's face.
One player who had a good week of work is Oscar Lua. You see a confident swagger about him right now and it's the kind that can only come after a couple solid games as a starter. Pete Carroll praised Oscar during his Tuesday press conference for taking more of a vocal role with Dallas Sartz out and Oscar will be a big key this weekend to stop the dual abilities of Clemens. We don't have a lot of game experience at the linebacker spot right now and this position is critical against the Oregon style of offense.
Brandon Hancock had a couple long catches today and he was really running well. He broke loose on both runs and the defenders weren't able to keep up with him.
* Ryan Ting intercepted a Pete Carroll pass during an early drill
* Carroll was seen sprinting downfield with his players during a kickoff coverage drill.
* Kyle Moore practiced and should be good to go on Saturday.
* Sedrick Ellis knocked down a pass at the line
* Steve Smith made a beautiful over the shoulder catch on a deep ball