Some observations on Trojan recruits from one person in attendance at the camp:
* The Trojans were well represented as far as the coaching staff was concerned with Pete Carroll, Norm Chow, Tim Davis, Keith Uperesa, Ed Orgeron, Nick Holt and Steve Sarkisian all watching the action. Carroll was all over the place with his energy as he bounced from drill to drill as the other coaches wanted him to see various players.
* Kyle Wright was the top performer of the day and solidified his rep as the top QB in the state and one of the elite in the country. Dennis Dixon would have been the #2 QB with Johnny DuRocher behind him but both of those guys were solidly behind Wright.
* The LB Poly guys made the trip north and several looked very good. Hercules Satele continued to impress and could be in line for an offer as a center. Marlin Simmons showed up even though he is only heading in to his junior year and he also was solid. Charles Owens may get an extended look on the offensive line while Junior Lemau'u and Josh Tavanuu were among the top DL in the camp. Freddie Parrish was a rare DB with size.
* Ryan Kalil from Servite is an OL who performed well as Davis and Uperesa were watching drills so don't be surprised if he gets a look.
* A linebacker who had a good showing was Chris Henry from Edison HS in Stockton. He ran well and was well defined.
* Another Stockton player who impressed was Lynell Hamilton as a RB who reminded one onlooked of former TRojan RB Zeph Lee.
* Emeka Nnoli was solid at LB and is just a good looking athlete but all indications are that Stanford will be the team to beat.
* Edison of Fresno defensive backs Lorenzo Sims and Clifton Smith were also there and Sims has the size we prefer but Smith brings more cover skills at this point.
* A sleeper from the camp could be WR/LB Xavier Jackson from Wood HS. Jackson is 6-2, 220 and the USC coaches spent some time watching him in action.
* A DL from Utah named Soi was solid but we don't have any more info at this point.
* One of the highest rated players in NorCal is LB James Amos from Galt and he performed well but was a little smaller than anticipated.
* Mark Bradford was the most impressive of the receivers and it was a good move for him to make the trip north after missing the Nike Camp at USC. Bradford definitely proved that he is worthy of a Trojan offer.
* Chris Purtz from Clovis West tested well although he didn't really do anything in the drills to stand out.
Nike Camp notes
USCFootball.com Top Stories
Ask the Expert Q&A: ASUThis week for our Ask the Experts feature we caught up with SunDevilsSource.com publisher Chris Karpman for his take on this weekend's game between USC and ASU.
Clancy Pendergast talking ASUFor the Trojans to get their first Pac-12 win of the season the USC defense will have to slow down the potent Arizona State offense.
For USC, 'The numbers are the numbers'So now with USC facing five straight Pac-12 teams who play fast and put the ball in play a lot, how do the Trojans develop the depth they didn't have at the end Friday in Utah?…
USCFootball.comYesterday at 7:58 PM
Adoree' Jackson talks kick return touchdownAdoree' Jackson talks about his kick return for a touchdown against Utah as well as the Utes' game-winning touchdown against him.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 7:49 PM