In the team drill at the end of the day, when the team comes together for an 11 on 11 session, Booty and the offense had a hot start with 3 of the first 4 plays working for good yardage. Booty got things started by dumping a short pass to Chauncey Washington who worked his way through the defense for an 18 yard gain. Sed Ellis disrupted the next play by getting pressure on Booty and forcing an incompletion. Booty then threw over the middle to Chris McFoy and followed that with another completion to Fred Davis that went for a long gain. Booty was feeling it at this point so he tried to hit David Ausberry deep but the ball was overthrown and Terrell Thomas made a nice break on the ball to intercept it after it sailed over the outstretched hands of Ausberry. Thomas and Booty had some friendly trash talk on the sidelines about the play once the drill was done. Sanchez came in and immediately went over the middle to McFoy, the play worked after Mozique McCurtis went for and missed the pick. Another nice completion to Davis was followed by long C.J. Gable touchdown run up the middle. The best catch of the day came courtesy of Vidal Hazelton on a throw from Garrett Green along the left sideline against coverage from Cary Harris, Vidal went up high to make the acrobatic grab before falling hard to the ground. A good defensive play followed as Brian Cushing chased down Travon Patterson while showing nice pursuit speed. Chauncey had a solid run down the right sideline on one of the final plays of the day.
Other highlights from the day included:
* Greg Woidneck has taken the early lead in the punting competition as he hit several booming punts today.
* Dwayne Jarrett put a move on Cary Harris in a skeleton passing drill that left Harris spinning away and DJ was able to waltz into the end zone untouched for the score. Dwayne later left practice and sat out the rest of the day with ice on his thigh as a precautionary measure.
* Cushing was active today with a stop of Chauncey at the line and later he chased down Steve Smith on a bubble screen.
* Kevin Thomas had back to back pass break-ups.
* The o-line did a real good job against the d-line in the one on one drills.
* Butch Lewis knocked down a pass at the line of scrimmage in the team drill. He sure is a big guy.
* Sanchez hit Hazelton in stride with a well thrown ball between the safety and the corner for a long gain.
* Kaluka Maiava stripped the ball from Dale Thompson after a short completion.
* Cary Harris had a pick in a passing drill.
* Alex Morrow (shoulder) sat out part of the day.