* John David Booty threw the ball well and moved the first offense efficiently. He had a couple long throws to Travon Patterson. Dwayne Jarrett also looked good.
* Oscar Lua continued to take reps as the first team MLB with Rey nursing a groin injury.
* In the run drill the defense was paying particular attention to trying to rip the ball out from the running backs but it wasn't happening. Chauncey was praised for doing a good job holding on to the ball. Stafon Johnson also had a good run.
* David Ausberry had a TD catch during service team drills that reminded one onlooker of the touchdown grab Mike Williams had against UCLA where he went up over the defender to make the play.
* Coach Norton seemed particularly animated today while working his linebackers hard. They put in a lot of effort on the sled drill.