"Steve (Sarkisian) did offer the job, so that's kind of exciting," Seto said. "We are thinking about it and praying about it. We are kind of undecided."
Seto said he will take a few days to discuss the offer with his family and then inform Sarkisian and Carroll of his decision.
The promotion will be hard to pass up for Seto, whose wife is from the Seattle area.
Maualuga Wins Bednarik
USC senior linebacker Rey Mauluga was named the winner of the 2008 Chuck Bednarik Award, the trophy is given annually to the top defensive player in college football.
"You get some goose bumps," Maualuga said. "It means a lot, not just for me but for USC and this team."
"I could have never done that with out my teammates. Unfortunately, you get just one plaque. I should probably break into pieces and give everyone a piece."
The hard-hitting linebacker led USC's defense, which was unquestionably the best in college football, with 73 tackles and 2 interceptions.
Maualuga is the first USC player to win the Bednarik Award.
News and Notes
Sanchez was held out because of soreness and will be held out on Saturday as well.
Blake Ayles and Adam Goodman both had knee surgery on Monday and hope to return for the Rose Bowl.
• Wide receivers coach John Morton was officially named the new offensive coordinator on Friday.
• Junior quarterback Mark Sanchez said he sent off the NFL early evaluation form. The evaluation gives players an idea on where they would be selected if they entered the NFL draft.
• Freshman cornerback Brian Baucham had a pass interception during team period, and almost had a second interception just a few plays later.
• Several young players saw extended action. At one point, the Trojans' secondary consisted of Marshall Jones and Brian Baucham at cornerback and Drew McAllister and Shane Horton playing the safety positions.
• The Trojans practice at 11:45 on Saturday and then will have a four-day break from practicing. All of USC's bowl preparation practices will be held on campus.
• This is one of USC's biggest recruiting weekends of the year. The Trojans will host several of the nation's top recruits including:
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions you can reach Kevin Carden at firstname.lastname@example.org