- Tailback Stafon Johnson missed practice due to an injury to his right kneecap that he suffered in practice on Sunday.
"The patella tendon slipped out a little bit and came right back in," Johnson said.
Johnson said the injury isn't serious and plans to practice when the Trojans return on Friday.
- Fullback Stanley Havili missed practice again due to a sprained ankle. Havili's status for the Rose Bowl remains uncertain.
- Wide receiver Damian Williams (separated shoulder) has made steady progress and is expected to return to practice after USC's three-day break.
- After practice, Pete Carroll said he has been pleased with the team's enthusiasm during bowl practices.
"They certainly have been spirited. We have had great energy," Carroll explained. "It's typical for this team. All year long, this has been a very high-energy football team."
"He's an amazing football player in that he does so many things," Carroll said of Green. He's a tremendous kid and an extraordinarily talented football player because he can so many things so effortlessly. He just does everything."
- Scrimmage highlights: Mark Sanchez connected with Rhett Ellison and Ronald Johnson for 6-yard touchdown receptions. Sean Calcagnie had a touchdown reception against the first-team defense and Curtis McNeal took a short pass and ran 25 yards for a touchdown.
- The Trojans will have a three-day break before returning to practice on Dec.26th.
Stafon Johnson plans to return to practice on Friday, Dec. 26th. (Paul Pinner Photo)