* Trojan head coach Pete Carroll will appear as the special guest tonight in the WeAreSC chat room at 7:00pm to answer questions from USC fans. Check the Publishers Message Board for more information.
* Defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron was named Assistant head coach for the Trojans after Orgeron was contacted about a job opportunity with the San Francisco 49'ers. Orgeron has been vital to the success of the USC defensive line and the cupboard is stocked for years to come so the coach knows he has a bright future here. The impact of Coach O on the recruiting efforts has also been tremendous and head coach Pete Carroll felt it was important to make the move. Carroll also announced that Keith Uperesa would leave the staff and Rocky Seto has been promoted from graduate assistant to full-time assistant coach.
* Defensive lineman A.J. Single, who underwent shoulder surgery prior to the start of fall camp last fall and was forced to miss the season, will receive a medical redshirt.
* Offensive lineman Chris Doyle announced that he will leave the team but stay enrolled at USC as a student.
* Running back Brandon Hancock, who was planning to see time at both RB and FB in the spring, has injured his hand while lifting weights and will likely miss the spring ball period. Hancock dislocated a bone in his left hand while trying to power clean 319 lbs.
* QB Billy Hart, who has been seeing time this spring with the Trojan baseball team, will take part in the first seven practices of spring ball and then Coach Carroll said "we'll see where we are." Hart will also continue to participate in baseball when possible.
* Carson Palmer has been added to the USC Hall of Fame class which will be inducted this May.
* Some upcoming Trojan speaking appearances include Marcus Allen (March 12th at the San Fernando Valley and Ventura County Trojan Clubs), Bernard Riley (March 19th at the WeAreSC dinner) and Ed Orgeron (March 26th at the San Gabriel Valley Trojan Club).