Decision Time for Lewis

Now that his official visit to Utah is complete, Eastlake (WA) CB/RB Ryan Lewis has a decision to make.

Eastlake (WA) cornerback/running back Ryan Lewis has a decision to make.

His visit to Utah this past weekend was his second official visit and unless a surprise offer comes in soon he doesn't anticipate taking any more.

So where do things stand for Lewis?

"I feel like I have a two-way tie with Utah and Colorado. Both of those schools would offer me a real good chance to start either my freshman year or my redshirt freshman year so I have a decision to make."

Lewis was hosted by Chandler Johnson and he says the two had a great time together.

"He's a good dude. We actually have a lot in common and we hit it off real well when we met each other."

The Utah coaches kept the recruits really busy throughout their time in Utah making sure guys like Lewis got a great idea of what Utah is all about.

"I got in around 12:30 on Friday. Right off the bat they got all of us recruits together and we met with the coaches and met each other and then they took us to lunch.

"They broke us up into four or five groups, the DB's, receivers, running backs, that kind of thing and they took us on a tour of the campus. On the second day we were all together and they took us inner-tubing up in the mountains. It was a lot of fun even though there wasn't a ton of snow."

Lewis is a multi-talented player who has experience at multiple positions. Although he's being recruited primarily as a defensive back his skills at running back have certainly caught the attention of the Utah coaches.

"Initially they brought me there as a DB because Coach Hill really wants me there, but I talked to Coach Whittingham and he said that he likes me at running back as well so if I were to commit there they'll give me a shot at either one."

With signing day just a few short weeks away Lewis recognized it's time for him to make up his mind. Although he's currently holding offers from Utah and Colorado it's a school that has yet to offer that still has his attention.

"I have visited Washington and I would hold out for them, but if I don't get an offer from them by the end of the week then I'll be choosing between Utah and Colorado. My mind isn't really set on Washington but it's a place I'd really like to go and I could see myself playing at."

Now that all of his visits are out of the way Lewis has a lot of thinking to do before he determines his ultimate destination, thinking he plans on doing over the next 7-10 days.

"I'm not really set on Utah just right now. I'm going to sit down with my dad and head football coach and we're going to make a pro-con list to determine the better college for me."

Ute Zone Top Stories