Scoby With Utah Ties

Elite 2014 running back Kurt Scoby is picking up Pac 12 offers and has family ties to the Utes

Utah brought in quite the running back haul in 2013, but a 2014 prospect has emerged that they'll be in a great spot to land, should they offer Kurt Scoby.

"Everything is going slowly. I'm just waiting patiently for more offers."

Scoby reports two early offers from Oregon State and Miami, but is starting to hear from a lot of big name schools.

"I'm also hearing from Oregon, Cal, Nebraska, Texas, and Utah."

A junior season that was cut short due to injury may be a reason the 5-8, 190 pounder hasn't picked up a ton of offers yet, but he was still putting up big numbers.

"I had 1,700 yards and 14 touchdowns in just six games last season. This season, I just want to be the best that I can be and help my team win the CIF Championship."

When asked if he had any favorites at this point, three Pac 12 schools stood out.

"Probably Cal, Oregon, and Utah."

Although Utah hasn't showed a ton of interest in Scoby yet, he has a lot of interest in them due to some family ties.

"I've talked to Utah before and they're sending me a couple of letters and emails. My cousin, Brandon Cox, just signed with Utah. He's been telling me how great it is and wants me to come there."

The Utes are in a good place with Scoby, should they choose to offer, and could end up being a future destination.

"Utah is definitely a possibility. It's always been a school I've been interested in. The academics are pretty good. I'm thinking about visiting out there soon."

Scoby is looking to study either kinesiology or law enforcement in college and is making academics a priority when making his decision.

"The academics, and a place with great surroundings are most important to me.. Definitely a place that is safe."

Scoby isn't anywhere close to a decision and will be busy over the next few months as he attempts to build up his offer list.

"I'm going to go to as many camps as I can to get more exposure. I'm not 100% sure when I'll be making a decision, but I'll probably wait until closer to signing day."

Ute Zone Top Stories