- Sophomore center Luke Nevill had his sixth double-double of the season and the 10 of his career.
- Luke Nevill had his third consecutive double-figure scoring game and his 14th of the season.
- Sophomore forward Shaun Green had his 12th double-figure scoring game of the season and his second consecutive.
- Junior guard Johnnie Bryant had his fifth 20-point game of the season and the ninth of his career. It was his second in a row and third in the last five games. Bryant also had his13th double-figure scoring game of the season.
- TCU is the 12th team to shoot at least 40 percent from 3-point range against the Runnin' Utes this season. Utah is 2-10 in those games.
- This is the seventh time in the last eight games--and the seventh time overall this season--a team has made at least 10 3-pointers on the Utes. Utah is 2-5 in those games.
- Utah had the rebounding edge for the 11th time in 15 games this season. The Utes fell to 3-8 in those games.
- Utah is now 82-9 in conference home games over the past 13 years. The Runnin' Utes are 4-4 at home this season.
Utah Junior Guard Johnnie Bryant
"We were settling for outside jumpers. You've got to be ready to punch the gaps and kick out opposite. We had some open looks that just didn't go down."
"It's on the defensive end that we're having problems, it's not the offense. The problem is, team's get going on us and after that it's harder to get stops. We've got to be able to adjust defensively early."
"You got to play defense and we haven't been lately. That's why we're coming up short."
Utah Sophomore center Luke Nevill
"It gets slightly depressing when you put in a lot of effort in games and practice and come up short and lose close games. We're a little frustrated."
"It's definitely defense. We're pretty poorly ranked defensively nationally. Offensively we're shooting the ball well, we've just got to stop the other team from scoring."
"Once I score a few times inside the other team has two guys constantly around me. When I get double-teamed there has to be one guy open, we just need to utilize that."
Utah Head Coach Ray Giacoletti
"We need to do two things: Talk better and defend better. Those are the two pieces--slice it up any way you want. Right now, for whatever reason, we're not doing a very good job."
"I'm the head coach and take full responsibility for this team."
"The problem is defense. You can go 10 possessions without scoring if you get 10 defensive stops."
"There's nothing more you can do. We're going to constantly try to keep [plugging] holes in the dyke and continually improve and get better."
TCU Head Coach Neil Dougherty
"Once Green went out with two fouls, it opened up the door for us to try something different. We used the zone to slow Utah down on the offensive boards. I wouldn't do it with Green on the floor, but it really settled us down and helped us.
"We're not the same team as last year. The guys continue to go out and try to prove that each night."
"I'm a little surprised to be 2-0 in the conference right now. I'm not surprised with how we're playing though. I knew we were better. I just didn't know if we were good enough in comparison with the rest of the league, and I'm still not sure of that."
"The whole conference is much improved from last year. If we've improved at the same pace as the rest of the conference, we will find that out over the next couple of weeks, cause it's too early to tell."