Utah Head Coach Ray Giacoletti
"To win a game tonight and not be particularly sharp... I give credit to Wyoming. We made two really good plays near the end with Luke (Nevill) getting the block and making the play at the basket. Tonight validates we can win a close game and not play real well and be successful. When Johnnie goes 3-for-16 and Luke only gets five buckets for us. And other people are stepping up to help us. The great thing right now we have a week to get better. We can work on some things now to better things offensively and end of game situations to try and get better."
Utah Guard Johnnie Bryant
"Tonight we weren't very good, but we got stops near the end of the game. We did all the little things tonight that we haven't done the rest of the season. Coach always said if you don't score on one but you get stops it doesn't really matter. The team talked and we didn't want last Tuesday to be a fluke, it's hard to have success and handle success so we did a good job and got the win today."
Wyoming Head Coach Steve McClain
"It was a great defensive game. I thought both teams guarded each other really hard and had to make tough plays. We had a couple of breakdowns defensively with our bigs and they didn't get back out of our traps quick enough. Utah still only shot 34% with leaving (Luke) Nevill wide open two or three times. It is just disappointing because the kids played their tails off, and you want the players to make plays, and it just didn't happen in the end."
- Utah and Wyoming met for the 161st time today. Utah leads the all-time series 90-71 overall and 57-22 in Salt Lake City.
- The U. has recorded back-to-back wins for the second time this season. The first time was during its three-game winning streak Nov. 25-Dec. 2.
- The Utes have won five in a row and 12 of the last 13 in the Huntsman Center against Wyoming.
- Utah is 6-4 at home overall this season and 2-1 in conference games. Over the last 13 years, the Utes are 84-9 in conference games at home.
- Utah had its lowest field goal percentage of the season (34.0 percent). Its previous low mark was 40.9 percent versus Northwestern on Dec. 21.
- The Utes recorded their lowest 3-point percentage of the season (23.1 percent). Utah's previous low mark was 28.6 against Northwestern on Dec. 21.
- Utah shot at least 70 percent from the free throw line for the 12th time this season, going 6-6 in those games.
- Sophomore center Luke Nevill has his 17th double-figure scoring game of the season (14 points) and his sixth in the last seven games.
- Junior forward Shaun Green had his 16th double-figure scoring game (10 points) of the season and his sixth in a row.