1) A trip to the NCAA tournament that features a win in the first round for Kevin Stallings' talented bunch. The 2010-11 Vanderbilt team has the horses to go deep in the tournament but let's get that initial win in the first round before asking Santa for more.
2) A winning season for the Commodore football team. Vanderbilt should have the vast majority of its starters returning for the 2011 season, that talent combined with the offensive know-how of new head coach James Franklin could make for an exciting season.
3) A state of the art, modern football stadium. With all the past neglect by the Vanderbilt administration of the football program it's going to take more than just an average facility to get the program going. Let's give Franklin something spectacular to show prospects.
4) A football recruiting class that is loaded with more stars than ever before. The current recruiting class is close to being wrapped up and has some fine players. However, Franklin is well known for his recruiting prowess so how about a future signee list with enough stars to put Vandy on Scout.com's top 20 recruiting list?
5) A trip to the Elite 8 for Melanie Balcomb's bunch. Vandy has knocked at the door the past two seasons, losing a pair of heart breakers. It's time to take that next step and advance another round. This year's team certainly has a nice mixture of experience and talented freshmen that can help the Commodores get it done.
6) A trip to Omaha for the Vandy baseball squad. Tim Corbin's team team dropped two 1-run games at Florida State last summer to just miss making it this year. With all the returning pitching and batting the Commodores have the ability to make it happen in 2011.
Free Internet broadcasts of games.
An indoor practice facility for the football team.
Abundant, cheap, parking for fans at all Commodore games.
A national championship in some Vanderbilt sport.
An on campus bowling facility for the bowling team.
A Vanderbilt fan's Christmas wish list
VandyMania.com Top Stories
Shakespearean Success in small-town KentuckyThe Old Bard, William Shakespeare, wrote, "The play's the thing." For the Vanderbilt football team on Saturday evening in Bowling Green, Kentucky, the plays were the thing. This…
VandyMania.comYesterday at 1:17 PM
Auburn Legacy Sets Official Visit With VandyFORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. --- With a teammate that's verbally attached to the same school, 2017 pass catcher James Bostic has locked in an official visit date with a suitor out of the…
Scout FootballYesterday at 7:26 AM
Vandy-WKU: The Good, Bad, UglyThe Vanderbilt Commodores (2-2) rallied to defeat Western Kentucky 31-30 in overtime on Saturday in Bowling Green, Ky. Here is a look at some of the Good, Bad, and Ugly from the…
VandyMania.comSunday at 12:01 PM
Kentucky governor jumps the gun on Vandy-WKUPoliticians are always looking for a way to earn favor with voters. Kentucky governor Matt Bevin saw an opportunity late in the fourth quarter of Western Kentucky's game with…
VandyMania.comSunday at 7:24 AM
Vanderbilt tops Toppers 31-30 in OTVanderbilt’s defense, which had given up over 500 yards of offense to Western Kentucky, stopped the Hilltopper’s 2-point conversion pass attempt in overtime to prevail 31-30 in a…
VandyMania.comSunday at 12:46 AM