Here are some takeaways from the video:
- The title is entirely misleading as most of this video happens WAY before dawn. We are talking practice at 5am when most normal souls are still wrapped up in bed. That is serious dedication.
- There are many weather systems showcased in the video, none of them are nice. These guys are working their tails of in the snow, sleet, and driving rain. Game time in the fall must be a breeze compared to what they go through in the "offseason".
- The opening speech gives great insight into how Franklin is motivating his players by reminding them that past is past and that there are no laurels to rest on. The part where he is asking players who the starters are and they reply with variations of "whoever earns it" is a mantra the whole team appears to be getting behind.
- This is no light early morning workout. These guys are going after it in the drills and you can see from the intensity in the face of the coaches that all involved know that this is vital for continued progress in the toughest conference in America.
- The use of competitions is genius. These are competitive guys by nature so fighting over tires, pushing sleds loaded with weights, and a good old fashioned tug of war is the ideal way to light that fire. Plus it builds instant chemistry.
- I have no idea who edited this but they have a big time future in the media if that is the way they want to go.
Simply put if this doesn't make you excited for the future of Vanderbilt football then nothing will. It is hard to believe any squad in the country is working harder than the Vanderbilt Commodores right now and hopefully come the fall that will show up on the field.
Now, if you will excuse me after watching that footage I have to go work out.