FIVE REASONS ROBINETTE IS THE RIGHT CHOICE
1) Patton Robinette is a winner. We saw him come of the bench against Georgia when every chance at a win seemed out the window. A couple a quarters later 'Dore fans were celebrating a rare win over the Dawgs.
2) Robinette is a Tennessee man, an east Tennessee man at that. That means no one wants to beat the Big Orange more than Robinette. He delivered last season just a few miles from his hometown of Maryville. In my crystal ball it's likely that he'll flash another "VU" sign in the end zone and deliver a 'W' in Music City this season.
3) He's a leader. Not saying the other two quarterback contenders aren't, but Robinette carries himself well and has that vibe of a leader when he speaks with that deep voice.
4) He's a gamer. He may not be the greatest passer or best runner, but when the game is on the line in the fourth quarter and Vandy needs a play, Robinette is the guy I want behind center.
5) He's got experience. We hear coach Mason say all the time about young players "he just needs some sun ups and sun down". This is another name for experience. Robinette has more college game experience than any VU quarterback. Not just game appearances, but quality experience quarterbacking his team to huge wins. Face it, he's led Vandy to more big wins in a season than any other Vandy quarterback. That experience is priceless.
Johnny McCrary and Stephen Rivers need not hang their heads in despair. They will get their chances in 2014. If they don't think so, just ask a guy named Patton Robinette about 2013.
It's Patton Robinette!
Commodores Daily Top Stories
Spring Notebook - Part IIWe are in the final week of spring practice for Vanderbilt and by all accounts, this spring session has gone well. Several guys appear to be stepping into bigger roles while…
Commodores Daily10:45 AM
Smock Enjoys Visit to VanderbiltSt. Xavier (Ky) offensive lineman Wyatt Smock has quickly made a name for himself through the camp system through the year so far. He quickly onto the Dores radar and this past…
Commodores DailyYesterday at 6:09 PM
First Class Vanderbilt Visit for FulwiderVanderbilt hosted several prospects over the weekend for their 1st Jr Day and one of the top targets on campus was Sandy Creek (Ga) D-lineman Nick Fulwider. The 6'7 pass rusher…
Commodores DailyYesterday at 8:40 AM
Looking Back: Recapping the 2016-2017 SeasonVanderbilt went into the 2016-2017 season with unknowns as the program was under new teachings of head coach Bryce Drew. The Commodores started of slow but finished big as they…
Commodores DailyMonday at 9:35 PM
Dores Give Away Series to Ole MissVanderbilt held multiple leads late in the game but the bullpen could not close things down and Ole Miss would come back to win 10-8 and take the series in Oxford from the…
Commodores DailyMonday at 9:34 AM