FIVE REASONS ROBINETTE IS THE RIGHT CHOICE
1) Patton Robinette is a winner. We saw him come of the bench against Georgia when every chance at a win seemed out the window. A couple a quarters later 'Dore fans were celebrating a rare win over the Dawgs.
2) Robinette is a Tennessee man, an east Tennessee man at that. That means no one wants to beat the Big Orange more than Robinette. He delivered last season just a few miles from his hometown of Maryville. In my crystal ball it's likely that he'll flash another "VU" sign in the end zone and deliver a 'W' in Music City this season.
3) He's a leader. Not saying the other two quarterback contenders aren't, but Robinette carries himself well and has that vibe of a leader when he speaks with that deep voice.
4) He's a gamer. He may not be the greatest passer or best runner, but when the game is on the line in the fourth quarter and Vandy needs a play, Robinette is the guy I want behind center.
5) He's got experience. We hear coach Mason say all the time about young players "he just needs some sun ups and sun down". This is another name for experience. Robinette has more college game experience than any VU quarterback. Not just game appearances, but quality experience quarterbacking his team to huge wins. Face it, he's led Vandy to more big wins in a season than any other Vandy quarterback. That experience is priceless.
Johnny McCrary and Stephen Rivers need not hang their heads in despair. They will get their chances in 2014. If they don't think so, just ask a guy named Patton Robinette about 2013.
It's Patton Robinette!
Commodores Daily Top Stories
Vanderbilt Falls Hard in the BoroVanderbilt dropped a hard one tonight to MTSU 71-48
Commodores DailyThursday at 11:30 PM
Vandy holds off Belmont, 80-66The Vanderbilt Commodores (1-1) defeated local rival Belmont 80-66 on Tuesday night at Memorial Gym. Luke Kornet led the Commodores in scoring with 20 points and 7 rebounds. …
Vandy women fall at IndianaBLOOMINGTON, Ind. (VUAD)- Stephanie White picked a tough place -- even though it was familiar territory -- to have her first road game as head coach at Vanderbilt.
Mason: "I take full responsibility" for lossVanderbilt head coach Derek Mason addressed the media following the Commodores 26-17 loss to Missouri on Saturday. Wide receiver Caleb Scott and defensive tackle Nifae Lealao also…