In the doubles draw, the Dores chalked up the first point of the day with wins at Nos. 2 and 3.
At the second position, Taka Bertrand and Amanda Fish dropped UGA's combo of Kelley Hyndman and Evgenia Subbotina, 8-3.
Vanderbilt duo of Caroline Ferrell and Annie Menees kept their perfect record intact after clinching the doubles point over UGA's Natalie Frazier and Jitka Schonfeldova in a thriller, 9-8 (7-5). With the win, Ferrell and Menees move their record to 8-0 in 2005.
VU's No. 11 Audra Falk upset UGA's No. 7 Shadisha Robinson in convincing fashion to give the Dores their second point, 6-2, 6-2.
VU's Amanda Taylor brought the Dores to within one point of victory with her 6-1, 6-2 showing over Caroline Basu.
Vanderbilt's Bertrand clinched the matchup for Head Coach Geoff Macdonald's club with her win at the third slot over Georgia's Hyndman, 6-4, 6-1.
The Commodores No. 39 Fish also netted a win for the Dores, dropping UGA's No. 26 Frazier to improve her SEC record to a perfect, 10-0.
Senior Annie Menees and freshman Caroline Ferrell added the sixth and seventh points to the Commodore victory, both taking impressive wins in super-tiebreakers.
The Commodores return to action at Kentucky on Saturday. The showdown is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.
1. Basu/Robinson (UGA) def. Falk/Taylor (VU), 8-6
2. Bertrand/Fish (VU) def. Hyndman/ Subbotina (UGA), 8-3
3. Ferrell/Menees (VU) def. Frazier/Schonfeldova (UGA), 9-8 (7-5)
1. Audra Falk (VU) def. Shadisha Robinson (UGA), 6-2, 6-2
> 2. Amanda Fish (VU) def. Natalie Frazier (UGA), 6-4, 6-1
3. Taka Bertrand (VU) def. Kelley Hyndman (UGA), 6-3, 6-2
4. Amanda Taylor (VU) def. Caroline Basu (UGA), 6-1, 6-2
5. Annie Menees (VU) def. Evgenia Subbotina (UGA), 1-6, 6-3, 1-0 (16-14)
6. Caroline Ferrell (VU) def. Jitka Schonfeldova (UGA), 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-2)