Vanderbilt opened up a 1-0 as they took the doubles point. Sophomores Chad Harris (Aurora, Colo.) and Lewis Smith (Memphis, Tenn.) posted a win at No. 2 before freshman Scott Brown (St. Louis, Mo.) and sophomore Bobby Reynolds (Acworth, Ga.) clinched the point with their win at No. 1. In singles play, the Commodores kept their one point advantage at 3-2 after wins by Reynolds and Harris at No. 1 and No. 2. Sophomore Jens Frederiksen (Copenhagen, Denmark) clinched the win with his win at No. 4.
The Commodores will return to action on Sunday as they host another ACC foes, North Carolina State. The match will take place at the Currey Tennis Center at approximately 2:00 p.m., following the women's tennis team's match against Illinois.
No. 32 Vanderbilt 4, No. 37 Florida State 3
1. Bobby Reynolds (VU) def. Xavier Luscan (FSU) 7-6, 6-3
2. Chad Harris (VU) def. Romain Jurd (FSU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Mat Cloer (FSU) def. Scott Brown (VU) 7-5, 6-4
4. Jens Frederiksen (VU) def. Chip Webb (FSU) 6-2, 7-6
5. Alex Herrera (FSU) def. Zach Dailey (VU) 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
6. Jarrod Owen (FSU) def. Josh Tarkoff (VU) 6-3, 6-4
1. Reynolds/Brown (VU) def.Herrera/Owen (FSU) 8-5
2. Harris/Smith (VU) def. Bucht/Jurd (FSU) 8-2
3. Luscan/Cloer (FSU) def. Frederiksen/Tarkoff (VU) 8-6