The Georgia Series:
Friday, May 6 – Georgia 4, Vanderbilt 3
Saturday, May 7 – Vanderbilt 6, Georgia 5
Sunday, May 8 – Georgia 6, Vanderbilt 2
Wednesday, May 11 – Vanderbilt vs. MTSU, 6 pm, Hawkins Field
Friday, May 13 – Vanderbilt at Kentucky, 6:30 pm ET
Saturday, May 14 – Vanderbilt at Kentucky, 2 pm ET
Sunday, May 15 – Vanderbilt at Kentucky, 1 pm ET
Tuesday, May 17 – Vanderbilt at Ohio University, 5 pm ET
Wednesday, May 18 – Vanderbilt at Ohio University, 4 pm ET
• The Commodores have won 30 games for the second consecutive season and the 14th time overall. Vanderbilt won a school record 45 games last season.
• Vanderbilt plays host to Middle Tennessee Wednesday (May 11) at 6 pm. Vanderbilt won the first matchup in Murfreesboro, 9-3 (April 26). It was Tim Corbin's 100th career victory.
• The Commodores scored five runs in the ninth inning with two away to come back and defeat Georgia, 6-5, in the Saturday game. Antoan Richardson capped the five-run two-out rally when he scored on his own single to right field with Rucker Taylor at first base. Richardon's line drive to right field got past the charging right fielder and rolled to the fence. Taylor and Richardson both came home on the play to give Vandy its first lead of the game. Junior reliever Matt Buschmann pitched the final four innings f the game allowing only two hits in his fourth win of the season.
• Junior second baseman Warner Jones was the designated hitter in Saturday's contest at Georgia. Jones has a mid-foot left contusion suffered in the Friday game and did not play second base for the first time in two seasons. In his last at bat Friday, Jones hit a foul ball off his left foot. Last season, Jones played every game at second base and played in the outfield in every game his freshman season. It marked the first time he did not play in the field in his career (2004: 64 games at 2B; 2003: 55 games – 33-LF, 16-CF, 6-RF).
• Junior first baseman Mike Baxter owned a .400 batting average over the weekend going 4-10 at the plate, including a double. He scored one and drove one run in. He was 3-4 in stolen bases. In Sunday's game, Baxter went 3-3 at the plate. Baxter jammed his little finger on his throwing hand (right) while sliding into second in Saturday's game. Baxter remained in the game and played in Sunday's contest. Baxter has played in every game at first base this season.
• Sophomore Aaron Garza and sophomore Carter Hawkins were both 1-1 in pinch hitting in the Georgia series – both in the Saturday contest. Garza hit a single in the sixth inning. Hawkins was part of the ninth-inning comeback when his single scored Warner Jones to begin the five-run inning.
• The Commodore's 4-4 record in SEC series matches last season's series record following eight series. The Commodores are one-game behind of last season's 12-12 mark following 24 games last season. Vanderbilt is 11-13 this season with a three-game series at Kentucky and a three-game home finale series with Florida remaining.