The Commodores now face the No.13-seeded Tennessee Lady Vols in the round of 16 Thursday at Stanford University.
The Commodores took control of the match early by winning the doubles point for a 1-0 lead. The team of Kelly Schmandt (Santa Barbara, Calif.) and Jenny Miller (Savannah, Ga.) won 8-2 at No. 3 doubles to get the Commodores started. Then, Aleke Tsoubanos (Chesterfield, Mo.) and Audra Falk (Cincinnati, Ohio) posted an 8-4 win at No. 2 doubles to clinch the point for Vanderbilt.
In singles play, senior Jenny Miller made the score 2-0 Vanderbilt as she won at No. 1 singles in her final match at home. Schmandt followed with a straight set win at No. 3 singles before Falk won at No. 6 singles to clinch the win for the Commodores.
The Commodores had defeated Murray State 5-0 on Saturday in a first-round match to advance to Sunday's regional final.
"I am so proud of this team," said Vanderbilt head coach Geoff Macdonald. "We came out here today and beat a very good Auburn team. We now have to get ready to travel and play on Thursday against another quality opponent in Tennessee."
The Commodores improve to 27-4 on the year with the win, setting a new school record for wins a year. The Commodores and Lady Vols will play Thursday in Palo Alto, Calif. for their second meeting of the year. Vanderbilt defeated Tennessee 4-3 in March in Nashville.
No. 4 seed Vanderbilt 4, Auburn 0
1. Jenny Miller (VU) def. Katia Illarionova (AU) 6-2, 6-0
2. Petra Bercik (AU) led Kate Burson (VU) 6-3, 5-2 ab.
3. Kelly Schmandt (VU) def. Carolina Ramirez (AU) 7-5, 6-3
4. Aleke Tsoubanos (VU) led Carolina Maurer (AU) 6-2, 2-6, 1-0 ab.
5. Annie Menees (VU) vs. Liz Sauerborn (AU) 2-6, 6-2 ab.
6. Audra Falk (VU) def. Sarah Suitor (AU) 6-4, 6-4
1. Burson/Menees (VU) led Illarionova/Maurer (AU) 4-3
2. Falk/Tsoubanos (VU) def. Ramirez/Bercik (AU) 8-4
3. Miller/Schmandt (VU) def. Sauerborn/Suitor (AU) 8-2