- The first practice didn't have much of an audience but the players seemed excited to be there.
- Both quarterbacks are still very even and continue to split time with the first team.
- Several runningbacks are injured and did not practice. Norval McKenzie, Ian Gaines, and Ronald Hatcher all wore a red jersey and only participated in conditioning.
- The play of the morning came from Cheron Thompson when he hit Jason Boroque and knocked his helmet off. This brought oohs and aahs from both sides of the ball. The walk-on jumped right back up to his feet and put his helmet back on and was ready to keep practicing.
- The afternoon practice was very similar with many of the same drills and coaching.
- Dominique Morris and Justin Giboney were two of the stars from the late practice.
- One of the best things to see from the afternoon practice was Greg Johnson's kicking. He had good hangtime and great distance on his kickoffs. He also has been impressive punting the ball.
Football: Monday practice notes
VandyMania.com Top Stories
Vanderbilt downs TSU 35-17Khari Blasingame ran for 100 yards and three touchdowns as Vanderbilt rallied from an early deficit to win its second consecutive game, 35-17. The win improved the Commodores'…
VandyMania.comYesterday at 9:04 PM
Minta Spears and Marqu'es Webb at Media DaysVanderbilt women's basketball stars Minta Spears and Marqu'es Webb spoke with the media at SEC Media Days. They discuss the new staff approach to practice. The two players also…
VandyMania.comFriday at 9:15 PM
Head to Head: Vanderbilt vs Tennessee StateThe Vanderbilt Commodores host Tennessee State of the FCS on Saturday a week after knocking off Georgia on the road. Here is a look at how the two sides match up going into the…
VandyMania.comFriday at 1:03 PM
Three Keys: Vanderbilt vs. TSUThe Vanderbilt Commodores host neighborhood rival Tennessee State on Saturday for homecoming at Vanderbilt Stadium. Here are your three keys to a Commodore win.
VandyMania.comFriday at 6:57 AM