Time: 6 PM CST
Place: Nashville, TN; Vanderbilt Stadium (41,000)
Radio: Ashland City WQSV-AM 790 AM; Benton, Ky WCBL-FM 102.3 FM; Carthage WRKM-AM 1350 AM; Chattanooga WDEF-AM 1370 AM; Clarksville WJZM-AM 1400 AM; Fayetteville WEKR-AM 1240 AM; Huntsville, AL WTKI-AM 1450 AM; Lewisburg WAXO-AM 1220 AM; Manchester WFTZ-FM 101.5 FM; McMinnville WBMC-AM 960 AM; Nashville WSM-FM 95.5 FM; Smithville WJLE-AM 1480 AM; Smithville WJLE-FM 101.7 FM; Tallassee, AL WACQ-AM 1130 AM; Winchester WCDT-AM 1340 AM.
Internet Broadcast: LINK
- Vanderbilt: Bobby Johnson
- Middle Tennessee: Andy McCollum
Last Meeting: 2001; Middle Tennessee 37 Vanderbilt 28
- Vanderbilt: WR Dan Stricker; OT Jim May; RB Kwone Doster; OT Justin Geisinger; C Jamie Byrum; DT Brett Beard; LB Hunter Hillenmeyer; CB Rushen Jones
- Middle Tennessee: RB Dwone Hicks; K Brian Kelly; OT Brandon Westbrook; WR Tyrone Calico; LB Chris Gatlin; DL Jerry Vanderpool; DE Curtis Daniely
(Middle Tennessee Roster)
Aug. 31 at Georgia Tech, L 45-3
Sept. 7 FURMAN, W 49-18
Sept. 14 at Auburn, L 31-6
Sept. 21 at Ole Miss, L 45-38
Sept. 28 SOUTH CAROLINA, L 20-14
Oct. 12 MIDDLE TENNESSEE
Oct. 19 at Georgia
Oct. 26 CONNECTICUT
Nov. 2 ALABAMA
Nov. 9 FLORIDA
Nov. 16 at Kentucky
Nov. 23 TENNESSEE
Middle Tennessee Schedule
Aug. 31 at Alabama, L 39-34
Sept. 7 at Tennessee, L 26-3
Sept. 21 at Kentucky, L 44-22
Sept. 28 SOUTHEAST MISSOURI, L 24-14
Oct. 5 at Arkansas State, L 13-6
Oct. 12 at Vanderbilt
Oct. 19 LOUISIANA-LAFAYETTE
Oct. 26 at Idaho
Nov. 2 at New Mexico State
Nov. 16 LOUISIANA-MONROE
Nov. 23 NORTH TEXAS
Nov. 30 UTAH STATE
Middle Tennessee 27
REMARKSMTSU is a solid team. They've played the SEC tough this season and beat Vanderbilt soundly last season. The big question in this game is "Will Dwone Hicks play?". Hicks burned Vandy for over 200 yards last season. Both teams are well coached and about equal in talent. I give Vandy the edge because they seem to have the momentum going into this game while the Blue Raiders appear to be in a tail spin after their two most recent losses. However, if Hicks plays then that could have a very big affect on the game. He is the real deal.
- The Vandy contest will mark the fifth road game of the year for the Blue Raiders to only one home game.
- This season the Blue Raiders have trailed by a combined 66-7 after the first quarter.
- MT Senior wide receiver David Youell enters the Vanderbilt game riding a streak of 27 consecutive games with at least one reception.
- Middle Tennessee's Band of Blue is now the largest college marching band in the state of Tennessee and is tied with Michigan for the sixth largest college marching band in the nation. 350 members strong.
- When trailing at the half, the Blue Raiders are just 3-20 under McCollum and two of those wins came in 2001.
- The Blue Raiders are 14-0 under Andy McCollum when leading at the half and are 15-0 when leading a game entering the fourth quarter.
- The Commodores have committed the fewest penalties (29) in the SEC.
- Vanderbilt has outscored its opponents 38-23 in the fourth quarter.
- Vanderbilt SS Jonathan Shaub had nine tackles, an interception, forced fumble and two tackles for loss in the narrow USC loss.
- Freshman TB/KR Kwane Doster is second in the SEC (and 13th nationally) in all-purpose yardage, averaging 157.8 per game.
- Senior WR Dan Stricker will tie the Vanderbilt record for all-time TD receptions with his next catch in the end zone.
- Sophomore DE Robert Dinwiddie and MTSU's Gary Sanders were teammates at Hendersonville (Tenn.) High School.
- Benji Walker has two former teamates from Brentwood Academy on MTSU's team.