Time: 11:30 AM CST
Place: Athens, GA; Sanford Stadium (86,520)
Radio: Ashland City WQSV-AM 790 AM; Benton, Ky WCBL-FM 102.3 FM; Carthage WRKM-AM 1350 AM; Chattanooga WDEF-AM 1370 AM; Clarksville WJZM-AM 1400 AM; Fayetteville WEKR-AM 1240 AM; Huntsville, AL WTKI-AM 1450 AM; Lewisburg WAXO-AM 1220 AM; Manchester WFTZ-FM 101.5 FM; McMinnville WBMC-AM 960 AM; Nashville WSM-FM 95.5 FM; Smithville WJLE-AM 1480 AM; Smithville WJLE-FM 101.7 FM; Tallassee, AL WACQ-AM 1130 AM; Winchester WCDT-AM 1340 AM.
Internet Broadcast: LINK
Last Meeting: 2001; Georgia 30 Vanderbilt 14
- Vanderbilt: QB Jay Cutler, WR Dan Stricker; OT Jim May; RB Kwone Doster; OT Justin Geisinger; C Jamie Byrum; DT Brett Beard; LB Hunter Hillenmeyer; CB Rushen Jones
- Georgia: WR Terrence Edwards; OT Jon Stinchcomb; QB David Greene; TB Musa Smith; LB Boss Bailey
Aug. 31 at Georgia Tech, L 45-3
Sept. 7 FURMAN, W 49-18
Sept. 14 at Auburn, L 31-6
Sept. 21 at Ole Miss, L 45-38
Sept. 28 SOUTH CAROLINA, L 20-14
Oct. 12 MIDDLE TENNESSEE, L 21-20
Oct. 19 at Georgia
Oct. 26 CONNECTICUT
Nov. 2 ALABAMA
Nov. 9 FLORIDA
Nov. 16 at Kentucky
Nov. 23 TENNESSEE
Aug. 31 CLEMSON, W 31-28
Sept. 14 at South Carolina, W 13-7
Sept. 21 NORTHERWESTERN-LA, W 45-7
Sept. 28 NEW MEXICO STATE, W 41-10
Oct. 5 at Alabama, W 27-25
Oct. 12 TENNESSEE, W 18-13
Oct. 19 VANDERBILT
Oct. 26 at Kentucky
Nov. 2 Florida (Jax)
Nov. 9 OLE MISS
Nov. 16 at Auburn
Nov. 30 GEORGIA TECH
This will be another classic Vanderbilt football game. The week after falling to a team they were supposed to beat they'll battle a nationally ranked team to the wire. It's all very unfortunate for Vandy. This 2002 Vanderbilt team shouldn't fall into the "same ole Vandy" mode but sadly that is the way things are panning out in 2002. The team has shown great improvement throughout the season but not in win totals. Vanderbilt very likely will stun a good SEC opponent this season. However, Georgia is not just a good SEC team, they are a great SEC team that will probably win the SEC Championship. Vandy will give them the fight of their lives but it won't be enough to upset the Bulldogs.
- Current Streak: Georgia has won the last seven meetings and is 23-5 at home against VU.
- Georgia QB David Greene is 14-4 as a starter.
- Junior CB Bruce Thornton is the only returning player in Georgia's secondary of a year ago after the other three members were all NFL draft picks.
- This season, Georgia's special teams have provided three touchdowns, two blocked field goals and two blocked punts.
- Georgia's average home football attendance of 86,520 ranked sixth best in the country for the 2001 season according to NCAA statistics. All 2002 games are sold out as well.
- Georgia had experimented with playing two quarterbacks in its first two games this season, however sophomore David Greene has seen a majority of the action since redshirt freshman D.J. Shockley broke a bone in his left foot against South Carolina.
- Georgia is one of the top six bowl teams of all time with 37 appearances in post-season play. The Bulldogs have played in 18 different bowl games, the most of any team in the country.
- Senior LB Boss Bailey is the younger brother of 1998 Georgia All-American DB Champ Bailey (1996-98). Champ was the No. 1 draft choice of the Washington Redskins in 1999 .
- Head Coach Bobby Johnson said Monday that three Commodores - quarterback Jay Cutler, WR Grant Brigham and OLB
Brandon Walthour - have been reinstated after one-game suspensions.
- Like his players, Vanderbilt Head Coach Bobby Johnson is seeking his victory against the Bulldogs. Johnson faced Georgia twice as a Clemson Tiger player, losing games in1970 and 1971.