• Captains for Wake Forest were Russell Nenon, Hunter Haynes, Josh Adams, and Marshall Williams
• 8:25 kickoff PST was the latest start for a football game in Stanford Stadium history
• According to Wake Forest Media Relations, Tanner Price became just the 3rd true freshman quarterback to start a game in the Football Bowl Subdivision this year.
• Stanford led Wake Forest 14-7 after the 1st quarter. Stanford was on the board first with a touchdown pass from Andrew Luck to on their 1st possession. Wake Forest came back with a touchdown on an 80 yard drive, scoring on a 22 yard Chris Givens run. A 35 yard touchdown pass from Luck capped a two play drive for the lead at the end of the 1st.
• Given's 22 yard touchdown run was the longest rushing touchdown of his career.
• Ted Stachitas entered the ballgame at quarterback for Wake Forest with 7:30 left in the 1st half with Wake Forest down 34-7. Stachitas went three and out on his first series.
• Stanford scored three touchdowns in the second quarter as well on a short run from Tyler Gaffney and a 11 yard touchdown pass from Luck and a 52 yard touchdown rushing for Luck. Stanford capped their second quarter scoring with another Gaffney touchdown for a 41-7 lead. Wake's Jimmy Newman kicked a yard field goal with 4 seconds left in the half to bring the Deacs to 41-10 at half.
• Stepfan Taylor started 2nd half scoring for Stanford with a 9 yard touchdown run. Tanner Price struck back with a 28 yard touchdown pass to cut the lead to 55-17. The quarter finished with a Michael Campanaro touchdown, bringing the score to 55-24.
• Alex Loukas ran for a score in the 4th for Stanford, giving the Cardinal a 61-24 lead. The Cardinal added another touchdown to provide the final score, 68-24.
• Wake Forest was unable to stop the Cardinal offense on Saturday night. The Demon Deacons did not force a punt or turnover with the Cardinal 1st team offense in the game. It was not until 5:41 left in the 3rd with Stanford up 55-17 that the Demon Deacons forced a punt.
• According to WFU Media Relations, Wake's 131 points scored the team's first three games is the most scored in three consecutive games since 1939.
• With the loss, Wake Forest falls to 2-1 on the season. The Demon Deacons will travel to Florida State next weekend for a Saturday showdown with FSU at 3:30 on ABC.
Game Notes: Stanford 68, WFU 24
Demon Deacon Digest Top Stories
Brown Visit PrimerWith the Deacs locked in seemingly a head-to-head battle for his services with Kansas, four-star SG Chaundee Brown will take his official visit to Winston-Salem this weekend.
Demon Deacon Digest9:46 AM
Wake vs. NC St NotebookDemon Deacon Digest Notebook as the Deacs get set to play the Wolfpack in Raleigh at 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
Demon Deacon Digest9:33 AM
Clawson never on hot seatTackling the ridiculous notion that Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson was on the hot seat at the start of this season.
Demon Deacon DigestYesterday at 7:20 PM
Pack Pride on NC StPack Pride publisher James Henderson gives us a behind the scenes look at the North Carolina State Wolfpack just two days before the Deacs travel to Raleigh for the big game.
Demon Deacon DigestYesterday at 1:44 PM