Wake Forest at Florida State The WFU loss...
...drops its 2003 record to 4-4, 2-3 in the ACC
...moves its all-time record to 370-557-34 and 96-241-5 in ACC games
...extends FSU's winning streak in this series to 12 games and gives the 'Noles an 19-2-1 record vs. WFU
...gives WFU a 2-2 record on the road this season
* Jason Anderson's 38-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter was his fourth of the season, 12th of his career. He now ranks tied for seventh all-time at WFU in career receiving TDs. It was his fifth-longest reception of the season and third-longest TD catch of the year.
* Anderson also went over the 1,500 career receiving yards mark with five catches for 91 yards. He lifted his career totals to 82 catches, 1,533 career yards. His career reception average remained at 18.7 - a mark which remains in first place all-time at WFU and tied for fifth in the ACC record book.
* FSU's punt return to start the second quarter was the first punt return for a touchdown by a WFU opponent since NC State's Koren Robinson scored on a 61-yarder in Raleigh in 2000.
* Wake Forest's 13-point halftime deficit was its largest of the season. The previous biggest deficit was eight points (14-6) at Boston College in the season opener. WFU has trailed at the half in five games this season.
* Cory Randolph's 13-yard run for a touchdown just before halftime was his second touchdown of the season (he also had a one-yard score at Virginia).
* The Doak Campbell Stadium crowd of 82,393 was the fourth-largest crowd to ever witness a Wake Forest game, behind two games at Michigan (1976 and '88) and a 1985 game at Tennessee.
* Quintin Williams' third-quarter interception was his first this season, eighth of his career. His 44-yard return was the second-longest by a Deacon defender this season (after Kellen Brantley's 64-yarder for a TD at Duke last week) and is the fifth interception return 35 yards or longer by WFU this season. Williams also recovered a fourth-quarter fumble, accounting for both of WFU's takeaways today. (Riley Swanson forced the FSU fumble).
* FSU's 48 points marks the first this season a WFU opponent has scored at least 30 points. It is also the most points given up by the Deacs since the Seminoles scored 48 here in 2001.
* The 24-point final deficit is WFU's worst loss since losing by the exact same score here at Florida State two years ago.
* In a battle of the ACC's top two teams in turnover margin, the Deacs came out on top with a +1 advantage. FSU had one interception and one lost fumble, while WFU lost one fumble.
* Eric King recorded four pass breakups on the day, moving up to tie for fifth all-time on WFU's career PBU chart with 26.
* Wake Forest's 240 rushing yards marked the first time an FSU opponent had racked up over 200 yards on the ground this season. The Deacs' 326 yards of total offense were also the most put up on the 'Noles this year.