• John Tereshinski and Kenny Moore were game captains for Saturday's game. UNC won the coin toss and chose to return the opening kick.
• On the first play from scrimmage, Demon Deacon linebacker Aaron Curry dropped into coverage and intercepted a pass from T.J. Yates. He picked another pass in the 4th quarter, returning it for a 77-yard touchdown to give Wake Forest a 37-10 lead. The two picks were Curry's second and third interceptions this season and the third and fourth of his career.
• Curry's two interceptions also tied a BB&T Field record for number of interceptions by a single Wake Forest player in a game. Demon Deacon players have recorded two interceptions in a game eight times at BB&T Field.
• Sam Swank's first field goal of the afternoon brought him to a total of 241 points for his career, breaking the Wake Forest all-time points record. Wake's previous record of 240 was held by Chris Barclay. He added 13 points on the day taking his total to 251 points.
• Josh Adams scored his fifth rushing touchdown of the season at the 5:00 mark in the first quarter. He added another touchdown in the 4th, his sixth rushing touchdown and seventh touchdown overall.
• Kevin Marion's 98-yard kickoff return for a touchdown was the first for his career. It was also the first time since John Stone's 93-yard touchdown on November 17, 2001 that Wake Forest had returned a kickoff for a touchdown. His 98-yard kickoff return for a touchdown also tied a Groves Stadium record.
• With the win, Jim Grobe is now 21-5 against in-state opponents while at Wake Forest. He is also 4-2 against the Tarheels while at Wake.
• The Demon Deacons' six game win streak is the longest winning streak in 15 years when the Deacs won six straight in 1992.
Game Notes: WFU 37, UNC 10
Demon Deacon Digest Top Stories
Deacs comeback to beat GTThe Deacs stage a dramatic comeback to top Georgia Tech 5-4 in their first ACC Championship contest.
Demon Deacon Digest2:53 PM
Deacs after HoardJaylen Hoard spoke with Demon Deacon Digest before playing in the Josh Level Classic last weekend.
Demon Deacon DigestYesterday at 8:18 PM
Deacs on Hess earlyVESTAVIA HILLS, Ala. -- Jonathan Hess has exploded on the recruiting trail this year and he could hit the next level once the camp season gets going.
Scout FootballYesterday at 7:05 AM
Hot Hurricanes to face DeacsThe Deacs are set to begin play Wednesday in the ACC Championship, with eyes more focused on the elimination game Thursday against Miami..
Demon Deacon DigestTuesday at 8:41 PM