• John Tereshinski and Kenny Moore were game captains for Saturday's game. UNC won the coin toss and chose to return the opening kick.
• On the first play from scrimmage, Demon Deacon linebacker Aaron Curry dropped into coverage and intercepted a pass from T.J. Yates. He picked another pass in the 4th quarter, returning it for a 77-yard touchdown to give Wake Forest a 37-10 lead. The two picks were Curry's second and third interceptions this season and the third and fourth of his career.
• Curry's two interceptions also tied a BB&T Field record for number of interceptions by a single Wake Forest player in a game. Demon Deacon players have recorded two interceptions in a game eight times at BB&T Field.
• Sam Swank's first field goal of the afternoon brought him to a total of 241 points for his career, breaking the Wake Forest all-time points record. Wake's previous record of 240 was held by Chris Barclay. He added 13 points on the day taking his total to 251 points.
• Josh Adams scored his fifth rushing touchdown of the season at the 5:00 mark in the first quarter. He added another touchdown in the 4th, his sixth rushing touchdown and seventh touchdown overall.
• Kevin Marion's 98-yard kickoff return for a touchdown was the first for his career. It was also the first time since John Stone's 93-yard touchdown on November 17, 2001 that Wake Forest had returned a kickoff for a touchdown. His 98-yard kickoff return for a touchdown also tied a Groves Stadium record.
• With the win, Jim Grobe is now 21-5 against in-state opponents while at Wake Forest. He is also 4-2 against the Tarheels while at Wake.
• The Demon Deacons' six game win streak is the longest winning streak in 15 years when the Deacs won six straight in 1992.
Game Notes: WFU 37, UNC 10
Demon Deacon Digest Top Stories
Deacs win series over GTWake Forest topped Georgia Tech 8-4 Sunday to take the weekend series.
Demon Deacon DigestYesterday at 4:50 PM
Deacs pound YellowjacketsWake Forest defeated Georgia Tech Saturday 17-8 to even the series.
Demon Deacon DigestSaturday at 8:05 PM
Sheets on win over GTWake Forest slugger Gavin Sheets on the Deacs ability to rebound to grab a 17-8 win Saturday over Georgia Tech. Sheets was 3-of-4 at the plate with 4 RBIs.
Demon Deacon DigestSaturday at 7:23 PM
Beal, Carney impressWake Forest coach Dave Clawson Q&A after the Deacs first scrimmage of spring camp.
Demon Deacon DigestSaturday at 12:59 PM