* Teams representing the ACC have one four of five games in the bowl's history. The ACC's lone loss on the bowl game is a Boston College win over UNC when the Eagles were in the Big East.
* Wake Forest is 4-3 all-time in bowl games after the Deacs' loss in the Orange Bowl a year ago. Meanwhile, the Huskies have never lost a bowl game as they are 1-0 heading into Saturday's contest.
* Ricky Proehl, a former receiving great with Demon Deacons, will provide introductions for the Wake Forest players on ESPN's telecast.
* Demon Deacon receiver Kenny Moore has 87 receptions on the season heading into Saturday's game. Moore is just one reception shy of tying the ACC single season receptions record of 88 set in 1998 by N.C. State's Torry Holt.
* Speaking of Moore, former Demon Deacon basketball star Chris Paul said that he used to face off with Moore on the hardwood when they played AAU ball in high school. "Oh yeah, he was a pretty good player when we played," Paul said Friday night. Paul noted that he and Moore still keep in touch…
Bowl Gameday: WFU vs. UConn
Demon Deacon Digest Top Stories
Arnold Palmer passesArnold Palmer, who became the first international golf superstar after starring in college at Wake Forest, has died at the age of 87.
Demon Deacon DigestYesterday at 7:20 PM
Wake at IU galleryPhoto gallery from the Deacs 33-28 road win Saturday afternoon in Bloomington against the Indiana Hoosiers.
Demon Deacon DigestYesterday at 7:06 AM
Wake at IU highlightsThe Demon Deacons are 4-0 as they went on the road to defeat the Indiana Hoosiers, 33-28. The stingy Wake defense came up with 5 interceptions of Indiana quarterback Richard Lagow…
Demon Deacon DigestYesterday at 6:34 AM
Clawson on moving 4-0The Deacs intercepted five Indiana passes en route to a 33-28 victory over the Hoosiers Saturday night at Memorial Stadium.
Demon Deacon DigestSaturday at 5:51 PM