1. The Cougs are lucky to have Luke Falk. He has continued to develop this spring as both a player and a leader. Cougar fans should be very excited about their quarterback in looking ahead to 2016.
2. The secondary is now the strong point of the defense - a complete turnaround from this time last year. All of those young guys who got reps early in their career are no longer young guys, and the Cougs now have both a talented, and very deep, secondary.
3. Once again there is a long list of talented receivers for the Cougs to choose from. It's become one of those things you can virtually count on in a Mike Leach offense now that he's gotten a few recruiting classes under his belt at WSU.
4. Even with the departure of Joe Dahl and Gunnar Eklund, the offensive line has played really well. We'll know more in the coming days now that the pads have come on, but the unit has looked sharp from the jump, with primarily a starting five of LT Andre Dillard, LG Cody O'Connell, C Riley Sorenson, RG Eduardo Middleton, RT Cole Madison.
5. The overall retention level this spring is higher than it's been. The first three days of spring ball in terms of consistency and precision have been more like what we've seen several days into spring drills in the past.
RELATED STORY: Day Three report as Cougs put on padsnull