The Cougs returned to the practice field Wednesday afternoon for another day of work. It was a hot August day on the Palouse as the WSU offense continued their torrid play.
Here are a few highlights from today's action:
1. Harrington moved to H receiver
- Keith Harrington (pictured above) was getting reps at H today. He looked good in practice, ran sharp routes and had some catches during the 7-on-7 period. Harrington is a much smaller target than any of the other receivers, but he brings quickness and speed to the inside receiver group. After one day, nothing about this move is set in stone. He could return to taking snaps at running back as that position battle continues to work itself out.
2. Cornerback battle heats up
- Recently Treshon Broughton has been running with the 1s at corner ahead of junior college transfer Robert Taylor. Both guys have talent and are capable of earning the starting job. Broughton and Taylor are competing for that spot on every rep they take. This is turning into one of the most contested position battles in camp right now.
3. Lewis is explosive
- Big plays and long touchdowns are becoming routine for fourth-year junior receiver Robert Lewis. He scored on a deep throw from Luke Falk today after he put a move on the safety and went deep. Falk hit him in stride down the field and play went for neary 60-plus yards and a score. These explosive plays are happening a lot more frequently with Lewis. He seems really comfortable in the system and can quickly take a play to the next level when the ball is in his hands.
Check back later this evening for a complete report on the Cougs Day 11 of fall camp.
RELATED: CFC TV: Colton Teglovic put on scholarship