1. Explosive plays on offense
- The first offensive drive of TNF only took four plays to move the ball 60 yards and into the end zone. The youth on defense allowed some big holes early and then proceeded to let ball carriers just run right through them. Some missed tackles and missed assignments might be to blame, but the offense also simply took what the defense gave them and made them pay for it.
2. Lemora impressing coaches on D
- Darius Lemora has had outstanding performances in the two Thursday night football practices this year. Today, he came away with an interception, fumble recovery, and looked to be one of the only defensive players that could come downhill to make a tackle. After practice, linebackers coach Ken Wilson noted that Lemora will be suiting up for Saturday's game against Eastern because of his play in recent days.
3. Dimry and Bell next in line
- C.J. Dimry and Renard Bell are making bids to be utilized on Saturdays this fall. In TNF, both wideouts had several catch-and-runs that had defenders chasing them all over the field. The Cougs are well stocked at both outside and inside receiver but in the case someone goes down or a void needs to be filled, Dimry and Bell are making their case. And you never know when Leach is going to call your number.
RELATED STORY: Wilson sees bright future for young linebackers