CFC player of the game: Shalom Luani
- Senior safety Shalom Luani came up with two huge interceptions that each set up a score for the Cougar offense. Luani was aggressive against the run all night long and was obviously a huge impact in pass defense.
- The offense played great from their own 20 to opposite 20, but squandered opportunities once they got near the red zone. Whatever was working in the mid-field just didn’t work once they got closer to the end zone. Two of Luke Falk's three touchdown throws (let's be real – one was a shuffle pass) came on passes that were thrown outside of the red-zone.
Stand out stats:
- Luke Falk – 55 for 71, 480 yards, 4 TD’s, 1 INT
- Tavares Martin – 12 catches, 158 yards, 1 TD
- Penalties: WSU 10-79, BSU 3-35
- 3rd down conversions: WSU-11, BSU-3
- Tackles: WSU 52, BSU 95
Misleading stat of the game:
- Time of possession: WSU – 37:58, BSU – 22:02
Play of the game:
- 3rd and 6 ball on BSU 43. Cougs down 31-21. Shalom Luani picks off Brett Rypien to set up a 33 yard touchdown on the next play – cutting the score to 31-28 BSU.
- Cole Madison – limped off field, returned the very next series
- Idaho Vandals at Martin Stadium, 11am Pac-12 Network
Mike Leach Quotes:
- “We beat Boise State in virtually every category. Every category – except toughness.”
- “I thought our defense improved, I still think that they were intimidated by Boise State which there is no excuse for.”