It was indeed the Derrion Grim show for San Joaquin Delta (JC) over the weekend.
In a win over the College of Sequoias, Grim had six receptions for 155 yards and two touchdowns. His scores came on plays of 42 yards and 35 yards. In eight games this season, Grim has 686 receiving yards and seven touchdowns.
"With Washington State, I just love that the receivers are actually running routes and they pass a lot," Grim told CF.C earlier this month after committing. "When it does come down to a situation where they can't pass, they're smart and run the ball. They have a balanced offense."
Here's a look at how the other WSU 2017 verbals performed:
• DB Damion Lee: Lee had a strong showing for Palm Spring last week, highlighted by an interception he returned 40 yards for a touchdown. Lee added a reception for 17 yards.
• QB Connor Neville: After Wilsonville was the recipient of a forefeit last week, and with Neville back on the gridiron after an multiple-week suspension from his team, the future Cougar QB led his team to a 66-28 win. Neville according to MaxPreps was 10 for 11 for 287 yards with 4 TDs, and he also rushed for a score.
• OL Dontae Powell: The four-star offensive tackle commit and his Richland Bombers took down Hanford 49-7. On the year, Richland is a perfect 9-0.
• DE Kelle Sanders: Headed to WSU as a defensive end, Sanders plays quarterback for River Ridge. He threw for a 31-yard touchdown.
• CB George Hicks: Hicks had four receptions for 41 yards. His defensive statistics were unavailable.
• OL George Moore: Moore and his College of San Mateo teammates took down City College of San Francisco in a big JUCO battle. And with the game on the line, Moore delivered a huge block to set up the winning score.
• DE Joe Tryon: Stats for this week weren’t posted for Tryon, but the week before he had two receiving touchdowns and a forced fumble.
• CB Zaire Webb: Webb's team suffered a 50-20 loss over the weekend. His stats were unavailable.
• ATH Anthony White Jr.: White Jr. and Miami Central suffered a 14-6 loss. Stats for White Jr. were not posted over the weekend.
• OT Abraham Lucas: Archbishop Murphy received a win by forfeit once again this weekend. ATM is 9-0 this season, with fie of its win coming by forfeit.
• OL Alec Kuzmack Kuzmack and his prep team were off this week due to a bye.
• LB Faavae Faavae: The WSU LB commit is out this season due to an ACL injury he suffered back in August.