From PFF's list of the 10 best QBs in college football right now, and its top 10 offensive lines in college football through Week Ten. We start with the o-line, and some big national plaudits for Cody O'Connell (pictured above).
8. Washington State Cougars (82.43)
There’s no doubt that Washington State’s Air Raid scheme creates favorable conditions for the offensive line with their wide splits and quick-hitting passing game. But they’re still playing well across the board, led by LG Cody O’Connell, who ranks second among guards at 91.7 overall and first as a pass-blocker at 91.3. It’s more than O’Connell, however, as there are few weaknesses up front — all five starters rank among the top 15 at their respective positions. When adjusting for competition, Washington State ranks third in the nation in pass protection and 40th in the run game.
For the full list and PFF methodology, CLICK HERE.
FROM OUR CHAIR, the only surprise about Luke Falk's inclusion among PFF's top 10 QBs in the land -- that the Cougar QB apparently wasn't on its list until now.
9. Luke Falk, Washington State Cougars
Falk makes it onto this list this week after posting an excellent grade in the Cougars’ blowout win over Arizona. He has been consistently good all season long, however, with only one average grade to speak of (against UCLA). He currently ranks eighth in the Power-5 with an 81.4 overall grade, and ranks first nationally in adjusted completion rate, having thrown on-target on 81.1 percent of his passes.
For the full article, CLICK HERE.
* WSU outside linebackers coach Roy Manning, and his Twitter videos, are blowing up the internet, says ESPN. Click here for its blog post.
* Speaking of ESPN, its Pac-12 bloggers are all picking the Cougs this Saturday over Cal (7:30 pm, ESPN).
* And so too are the USA Today writers:
* But the USA Today writers are far less sanguine when it comes to how they view WSU’s bowl picture. They’re projecting the Cougs to land in the Foster Farms Bowl vs. Northwestern. The Pac-12 bowl selection order after the CFB playoff: Rose, Alamo, Holiday, Foster Farms, Sun, Las Vegas, Cactus, At-large bids.
RELATED STORY: Just how historic is WSU's Gabe Marks?