Goodness, Thursday was indeed a busy day for the Cougars.
If you're on Twitter, you probably saw a new WSU offer seemingly announced every couple of minutes last night. Who all landed new scholarships? Here's a breakdown of what we were able to find.
• Brennan Jackson is ranked 3 stars by Scout.com. The defensive end prospect checks in at 6-4, 220 pounds and holds an additional offer from Cal. He's from Temecula, Calif., the same hometown as Cougar corner Darrien Molton. (Jackson is out of Great Oak High, Molton was from Chaparral).
• Jackson's teammate at Great Oak, 3-star linebacker Jack Lamb, was also offered by WSU. He’s a 6-4, 220-pounder, with offers from Cal, Montana State and Cal Poly. https://twitter.com/JackLamb_/status/829838867792400384
• Another wide receiver to land a schollie was 3-star prospect Khalil Shakir. out of Murrieta, Calif. The 5-11, 170-pounder has also been offered by Colorado. New Cougar LB Cole Dubots, and WSU LB veteran Greg Hoyd, are from the same high school as Shakir; Vista Murrieta High. https://twitter.com/king_khalil2/status/829834419577827329
• Want some size at receiver? Well, 6-5, 210-pound WR Michael Ezeike landed an offer from the Cougs on Thursday. It was the 3-star wideout's first Pac-12 offer. He hails from Ontario, Calif., and Colony High.
• Offer No. 1 for 6-2, 210-pound linebacker Craig Francois came from the Cougars. Francois is from Cathedral High in Pasadena, the same as recently signed 4-star wideout Jamire Calvin and WSU second-year freshman Renard Bell. https://twitter.com/_dannyh131/status/829942014842056706
• Some more crimson love was sent to the steak eaters, with 4-star Tommy Brown (pictured above) landing his WSU offer late Thursday evening. He’s a mammoth prospect, checking in 6-6, 320-pounds. Cal, Colorado, Florida and many others have offered. Brown is out of Santa Ana, Calif., and Mater Dei, where the Cougs just signed LB Faavea Faavea.
• The Lone Star State got some Wazzu love too, with Allen High receiver Carson Schleker landing a tender. The speedster told CF.C he spoke with assistant Derek Sage last night and he was filled with “pure excitement” to get his new scholarship. https://twitter.com/CarsonSchleker_/status/829814874586890240
• In Tucson, Ariz., 6-6, 250-pound offensive tackle Matteo Mele picked up offer No. 1 and it was from WSU. According to Scout’s Jason Jewell, Arizona and Arizona State could be next to offer. https://twitter.com/MatteoMele2/status/829821239988400128
From the same state as Cougars Luke Falk and Lyric Bartley, Washington State offered 4-star LB Salua Masina out of Utah. The 6-4, 205-pounder out of Salt Lake City and is one of the top prospects out of Utah in the 2018 cycle with six Pac-12 offers already to his name. https://twitter.com/salua_afakasi/status/830083697374158850
• Joe Ngata, a wide receiver out of Folsom, Calif. Ngata, a 6-3, 190-pounder, also holds a known offer from Washington. By the way, Ngata is a sophomore, he's part of the 2019 recruiting class. Talk about early. https://twitter.com/josephngata/status/829851382693781504