For star wide receiver Drue Jackson, his recruitment has been busy over the years. He's racked up more than 20 scholarship offers, but decided to cut things down in a big way on Monday.
Jackson, a four-star recruit out of Sachse, Texas (30 minutes outside of Dallas) announced his top five. WSU was one of the teams to make the list.
His top five? WSU, Utah, Louisville, Texas Tech and Houston.
Why is this big for the Cougars? Among the teams not to make the cut include Oregon State, Colorado, Wisconsin, Iowa and many other programs across the country.
With his famous Air Raid offense and his ties to the Lone Star State after such a memorable run with Texas Tech, there should be no surprise a star out of Texas is interested in suiting up for Mike Leach.
According to the Scout.com database, WSU has known offers out to 26 recruits for their 2018 class. This includes two verbals: Fisher and Calvin Jackson. Each year, the Cougs like to load up on talented WRs and this year will be no different. Will Jackson end up in crimson? We could find out soon enough.
Here are more recruiting notes for you:
• Speaking of WRs, the Cougs dipped into Florida last night to send out an offer to three-star receiver Zion Roland. He's been committed to Louisville since August.
• Also out in Florida, the Cougs extended a scholarship to defensive end Patrick Keenan this week. The Tampa prospect checks in at 6-3, 210-pounds and holds additional offers from Rutgers, Maryland, UMass and a few others.
• As for Florida, close followers of Cougar recruiting know the Sunshine State has been a growing target state for WSU in recent years. 2018 is the exact same. Per Scout, WSU has sent out nine scholarship offers to Floridian players. This group is led by three receivers and two athletes. Don't forget about massive three-star OT Nick Lewis either. He checks in at 6-8, 350-pounds.
• Out in California, also a hotbed for the Cougs, WSU offered defensive end Demitri Washington. Ranked a two-star prospect, Washington checks in at 6-5, 235-pounds and holds additional offers from Cal, San Diego State, Cornell and others.
• At the quarterback position, we know CF.C subscribers are always going to be curious as to what's cooking for Leach and Co. Currently, it appears as though the Cougars three main targets are Camm Cooper, Brevin White and Tyler Shough.
CF.C spoke with White earlier this week and he let us know that he's planning on taking another unofficial visit to Pullman at some point next month. Why is this important? Because White is eyeing an early summer decision. Cooper has also taken multiple trips to the Palouse, while Shough is also eyeing a summer trip.
While all three prospects aren't expected to make a decision in the coming days or weeks, their commitments will be coming sooner than later. For more on WSU's QB recruiting, check out the link below.