Harmeling, playing with a pad on the right thumb he broke last month, torched USC with 4 of 5 shooting from three-point range in the first half and finished the night with 19.
Harmeling was a first-half tonic for the Cougs, whose leading scorers -- Derrick Low, Kyle Weaver and Aron Baynes -- combined for just four points in that period. WSU came on strong in the second half, forcing numerous USC turnovers and not committing one themselves until the 6:44 mark of the second period.
Here's how the camera lens captured it all:
KYLE WEAVER: 7 points, 4 assists, 3 steals, 1 block.
ARON BAYNES: 18 points, 9 rebounds.
TAYLOR ROCHESTIE: 12 points, 7 assists
ROBBIE COWGILL: Puts the road block on O.J. Mayo.
HARMELING AND COWGILL SQUEEZE TAJ GIBSON.
ARON BAYNES: Fouled all night long, he hit 6 of 10 FTs.
• The Cougars' 14-0 record is the third-best start in school history behind the 15-0 mark of the 1916-17 squad and the 17-0 record accomplished in 1914-15.
• Harmeling's five 3-pointers are a season high...previous high two...had four in the first half.
• WSU's seven 3-pointers in the first half is a first-half high for the season...ties the most in a half this season (seven against Air Force Nov. 25)...10 total 3's is a season high.
• Seven of WSU's nine first-half field goals came from beyond the 3-point arc.
• USC's first free throws of the game were shot with 4:43 left in the game.
• With four assists, Kyle Weaver moved into fifth place in the WSU career record books...he now has 373.