Michael Onyemaobi

2017 Chaparral (Temecula, Ca.) ATH Michael Onyemaobi has gotten the Huskies' attention and is planning a trip to the Northwest in April

The Huskies continue to mine the ranks of receiver prospects and one player who has yet to get an offer from the Dawgs, but has been skyrocketing up recruiting boards is 2017 Chaparral (Temecula, Ca.) ATH Michael Onyemaobi and he's planning a trip to the Pacific Northwest at some point next month...

"So far, Washington hasn't offered me yet, but I talk all the time with coach 'KB' (Keith Bhonapha) and coach (Bush) Hamdan and coach (Jimmy) Lake was talking to me a lot because they wanted me as a defensive back, but they've switched it up and now they want me as a receiver so that's why coach Hamdan has started to take over my recruitment," Onyemaobi told Dawgman.com.

Onyemaobi is a friend of 2016 Husky signee Kamari Pleasant and the two have talked about the Husky football program and the academic side of things.

"He's really excited to get up there and he said it's a great school," Onyemaobi noted. "I know it's a program on the rise up there and I like their offense and I know the school is really good and that's a big thing I will be looking at when I got to make my decision.

"It's also pretty close to home. I mean, it's out of state, but it's still in the Pac 12 and my parents would be able to up there pretty easily and that's another thing I'll be looking at when I go to make my decision."

Onyemaobi currently holds nine offers -- Arizona State, Washington State, Idaho, UCLA, Cal, Hawaii, Iowa State, New Mexico and Oregon State -- and he'll take some visits to see some of those schools as well as Washington in the near future.

"I'm planning trips to go see UCLA and Cal and then I'm going to head up and see Washington and Washington State and Oregon State, most likely next month (in April) so I can see some of their practices," Onyemaobi said. "I'm really excited to get up and see Washington and meet with the coaches and also to see the facilities and the school itself.

"I am really just looking for the right fit overall for myself. It has to have that blend of academics and athletics and also be in a good location."

Onymaobi hasn't set a timeline for when he'd like to make a decision, but he's open to committing to a school early "if I feel like it's the right decision, then I'll (commit), but if not, I will wait until the fall so I can take some official visits," Onyemaobi added.

We'll have more on Onyemaobi after he takes his official visit next month.


Dawgman.com Top Stories