1) Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, Ca.) QB Nick Montana – Went 21 of 33 for 267 yards and had three touchdowns and two interceptions in Oaks Christian's thrilling win over Skyline Friday night. Montana showed grit and guts standing in against a consistent pass-rush and weathered several big hits while standing strong in the pocket and delivering strikes to his receivers. For the season Montana has completed 50 of 87 attempts for 570 yards, eight touchdowns and three interceptions. This weekend the Lions face off against 2-0 Venice.
2) Oaks Christian OT Erik Kohler – The talented lineman had a solid evening against the relentless Skyline pass-rush. The Lions managed to net 452 yards of offense (267 through the air and 185 on the ground). Kohler continued to show why he was such a big get for the Huskies with his quick feet and solid pass-blocking skills.
3) Oakland Tech (Ca.) WR DiAndre Campbell – Had three catches for 127 yards and scored two touchdowns (84 and 14 yards respectively) in the Bulldogs' 46-13 romp of American High School. On the season the talented wideout has five receptions for 154 yards and four touchdowns. This weekend Oakland Tech takes on Pinole Valley at home.
4) Jesuit (Portland, Or.) ATH Keanon Lowe – The 2-1 Crusaders got a big 35-27 win over Lake Oswego and Lowe was the major reason as usual. The talented athlete posted 54 yards rushing and one touchdown while snagging four receptions for 31 yards and posting an interception that he returned 31 yards. For the season Lowe has 153 yards rushing on 30 carries and two touchdowns and has caught 12 passes for 97 yards and another score. This weekend Lowe and his teammates take on Lincoln (Portland) High School on the road.
5) Colton (Ca.) K/P Alejandro Maldonado – Maldonado continues his steady kicking and punting for the Yellowjackets. Last Friday, in a 23-8 win over La Quinta, the talented kicker had five kickoffs that resulted in five touchbacks, while hitting all three of his extra points and averaging 40.3 yards on four punts with three being downed inside the 20.
6) Narbonne (Harbor City, Ca.) RB Melvin Davis – No stats were available at this time from Narbonne's 28-14 loss to Long Beach Poly.
7) Jordan (Long Beach, Ca.) QB John Timu – Was lost to a torn ACL on the seventh play of the game against Pasadena and without him the Panthers were unable to do much of anything offensively, losing 19-16. Timu will be lost for the season while he gets surgery and begins rehabbing in preparation for enrolling at Washington next summer.
8) Jordan LB Princeton Fuimaono – Posted eight tackles in the loss. Fuimaono has 14 tackles and one QB hurry in two games. Next week Jordan takes on Dominguez at home.
9) Taft (Woodland Hills, Ca.) LB/DE Brent Williams – Had seven tackles, one tackle for loss and a fumble recovery in Taft's 45-27 loss to Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks). For the season, Williams has 11 tackles, three sacks and one fumble recovery. This Friday the Toreadors face off against Bishop Alemany at home.
10) Citrus Hill (Perris, Ca.) RB Deontae Cooper – Washington's most recent commit had a huge night for the Hawks posting 412 yards on 59 carries (yes…it was really 59) and four touchdowns in CH's 30-20 win over Great Oak. In two games this year, Cooper has carried the ball 84 times for 671 yards and seven touchdowns. This weekend the Hawks take on Perris High School on their home field.
11) Lakes (Lakewood, Wa.) WR/S Jamaal Kearse – Hasn't put up much in the way of offensive stats due to a new quarterback taking the reigns of the Lancers attack. However he has managed to make his presence felt in other ways, notching a 76 yard kickoff return and 12 tackles in three games. He's only been able to grab one pass for 10 yards so far this season and didn't record an offensive stat vs. White River in Lakes' 48-18 win. This weekend the Lancers will take on Enumclaw at Harry Lang Stadium.
12) Lakes DT Sione Potoae – Potoae plays both ways for Lakes and helped the Lancers rush for 277 yards in the big win over White River. Potoae has posted 9.5 tackles in three games while helping hold Lakes opponents to less than 75 yards on the ground in their three easy wins. In the victory Friday night, the Lakes defense only allowed 107 yards of offense including -1 yards rushing on 30 carries.
13) Lakes LB Darius Waters – The last of the Lancers Trio to commit to Washington, Waters continues to make his presence felt, posting four tackles to bring his three game total up to 14.
14) O'Dea (Seattle) FB Zach Fogerson – Recovered from a shoulder injury suffered last week against Bothell and the flu to help lead O'Dea to a 39-7 win over West Seattle. The talented fullback had nine carries for 75 yards and three touchdowns (2, 12 and 27) in the win. The Irish have this Friday off before their matchup against Seattle Prep on October 2nd.
15) O'Dea OT Ben Riva – Helped pave the way for a big night on the ground for the Irish who amassed over 200 yards rushing.
16) Bothell (Wa.) OT Colin Porter – Helped the Cougars to over 350 yards of offense in Bothell's 54-0 rout of Redmond. This weekend Porter and his teammates will take on Lakes Washington in Kirkland.
17) Bothell TE Michael Hartvigson – Caught a four-yard touchdown pass while helping to clear the way for the potent Cougar running game. Also notched five tackles from his defensive end position.
18) Auburn (Wa.) S Chris Young – Had big game against Federal Way, helping lead the Trojans to a 48-21 win over Kent Meridian. Had 134 yards and one touchdown from four yards out to help propel Auburn to the win. Also led the way for outstanding junior running backs Alphonse Wade (143 yards and 4 TDs) and Austin Embody (75 yards and 2 TDs). Young also had his usual seven tackles on defense. This weekend Young will lead Auburn into battle against Jefferson on the road.
Other Notable Recruits…
1) Corona (Ca.) RB Jordon James – Had five carries for 75 yards before leaving with a bruised shoulder in Corona's 45-14 loss to Mission Viejo. James is expected to miss next week's game vs. Chino, but could return in two weeks when the Panthers take on Norco at home.
2) Corona DB/RB Demetrius Wright – Wright picked up the slack in James' absence and had 150 yards on 22 carries while also posting six tackles on defense.
3) St. Francis (La Canada, Ca.) RB/S Dietrich Riley – Riley had another solid game for the Golden Knights, posting 57 yards and two touchdowns on the ground, catching one pass for 12 yards and seven tackles and one interception in St. Francis' 28-21 win over Crescenta Valley. Riley also punted, hitting one for 43 yards. On the season Riley has 195 yards and three touchdowns on 22 carries, six receptions for 122 yards and two more touchdowns and 12 tackles and one interception on defense.
4) Crenshaw (Los Angeles, Ca.) LB/RB Hayes Pullard – Totaled one carry for three yards, two receptions for 30 yards and a touchdown and three tackles in Crenshaw's 59-12 win over Miller High School. On the season, the talented linebacker/running back has 122 yards rushing and one touchdown on 16 carries, three receptions for 46 yards and one touchdown along with 17 tackles on defense.
5) Servite (Anaheim, Ca.) OL/DL Kirifi Taula – Taula is the top player on one of the top teams in California this year. He's helped lead them to a 3-0 record including wins over Long Beach Poly and Crespi (Encino) two of the top programs in the Golden State. This past weekend Servite got up 31-0 before holding on for a 38-28 win over Crespi. Taula helped pave the way for a big night on offense (320 yards). He also clogged up the middle of the line and posted four tackles from his defensive tackle position.
6) Eureka (Ca.) FB/LB Soma Vainuku – The talented athlete had big game on the ground for the Loggers, rumbling for 138 yards on 27 carries and two touchdowns, but they still ended up falling for the second time in three games, 28-21 to Pleasant Valley. On the season Vainuku has 338 yards and four touchdowns on the ground.
7) Roosevelt (Ca.) WR Tyler Slavin – Slavin had a big day vs. Westchester, posting four receptions for 81 yards and a touchdown, helping the Mustangs to a 42-13 win. Next week they take on Bloomington on the road.
8) Culver City (Ca.) LB Victor Burnett – Once again Burnett had a huge night for the Centaurs, posting 16 tackles (10 solo) and two sacks in Culver City's 42-24 win over Palos Verdes Penninsula. On the season the tackling machine has 28 tackles (15 solo), two sacks and one interception. The 2-0 Centaurs take on Centennial (Compton, Ca.) at home next week.
Husky Commits: Week 3
Dawgman.com Top Stories
#7 UW 10, #16 Utah 4Morganne Flores homered twice and drove in seven runs to power seventh ranked Washington to a 10-4 win over 16th ranked Utah in the first game of the best of three super regional…
Dawgman.comYesterday at 1:18 AM
Thybulle Never Wavered During TransitionHe’s a hometown guy, but that doesn’t mean Matisse Thybulle didn’t have options to leave town. The junior-to-be could have looked around after Washington fired longtime head coach…
Dawgman.comFriday at 8:39 PM
UW 11, USC 10KJ Brady scored on a suicide squeeze by AJ Graffanino in the bottom of the eighth inning to lift Washington to a wild 11-10 win over USC at Husky Ballpark on a sunny Thursday…
Dawgman.comFriday at 7:34 AM
An Opponent's View: OL Cole NorgaardWe continue our Opponent's View series, a critical view of each 2017 Washington signee, with a look at St. Mary's (Stockton, Ca.) OL Cole Norgaard...
Dawgman.comFriday at 4:58 AM