Beside, my Great Aunt Pudwiffle used to say that once the pile gets about your nose it don't matter how deep it is, so I decided to try and look at the bright side of things.
So with apologies to David Lettermen, here is my Top 10 list of the good things that will come out of the ACC raid on the Big East.
10. We won't have to look at that stupid orange ball that Syracuse calls a mascot.
9. John Swofford will have to look at that stupid orange ball that Syracuse calls a mascot.
8. Doc Holliday and Steve Dunlap will get to eat barbacue together more often.
7. We won't have to worry about Miami leaving the Big East any more.
6. Think of the gas we'll save not having to Bus to Miami when Ed Pastilong institutes the next round of cuts in the athletic department.
4. We could be Temple
3. We could be Rutgers
And the #1 Good Thing. . .
1. Shalala and Swofford - Don't you think they really deserve each other?