- One of the first things I noticed was that Adam Shuler had made his return to practice. Shuler had been noticeably absent for the first few weeks of spring ball but it appears as if he is back and running full speed. When the team broke into tempo drills he replaced Jon Lewis and ran with the first team defensive line (the first D-Line group featured Shuler and Donahue at the ends and Xavier Pegues at the nose).
- Dravon Askew-Henry is showing gradual improvement as he returns from his ACL tear. Although he was not dressed he was jogging around the practice field and even ran some sprints at the opposite end of the field while the team was doing team work. I would be surprised if he isn't full go when fall camp commences.
- It's apparent that Dana Holgorsen has really embraced his new role on special teams. Holgorsen was easily the most vocal coach as the team went through punt and PAT/Field Goal drills and he regularly chided players for missed assignments and a lack of physicality. Tony Gibson worked with the returners during punts.
- Punt returners were Gary Jennings, Jovon Durante, David Sills and Tevin Bush.
- Mike Molina went 2-for-4 in the field goals we saw. The two misses were on a blocked kick (from 20 something yards out) and a ball he hooked wide right (from a little beyond 35 yards out). Molina did however hit a 46 yarder.
- Towards the end of media availability Tevin Bush broke off a nice run (Bush ran with the second team offense). On the run he was able to cut outside and showed some shiftiness in getting up field. He gained about 15-20 yards on the run. Jake Spavital and Tony Dews have both been complimentary of Bush thus far and from observing him for a few plays I can see why.
- While we have all heard about Will Grier's accuracy and arm strength, one of his more underrated qualities is his ability to sell the run on play action. During the tempo period Grier faked handoffs multiple times and fired quick passes to the outside (as you will see above he even got me a few times).
West Virginia Goes Through Its 13th Practice of the Spring
Prep NC Top Stories
Dynamic 2019 LB Thomas' stock soaringWake Forest (N.C.) Heritage 2019 inside linebacker Drake Thomas is one of the top prospects in North Carolina and he spoke with Scout about the latest developments in his…
Scout FootballYesterday at 5:43 PM
Henderson's Appeal Denied By NCAANC State guard Terry Henderson announced today that his appeal for a sixth year has been denied by the NCAA.
Pack PrideYesterday at 12:43 PM
Daily Dr. Roto: Way-Too-Early WR TalkThe season is still months away, but even senior expert Dr. Roto knows it is NEVER too early to start the Fantasy Football conversation.
Scout FantasyYesterday at 8:02 AM
GI's projection on Minnesota's class on OWith the summer and camp season approaching, GI takes our best guess at Minnesota's 2018 recruiting class on the offensive side of the ball.
Gopher IllustratedYesterday at 7:00 AM