- One of the first things I noticed was that Adam Shuler had made his return to practice. Shuler had been noticeably absent for the first few weeks of spring ball but it appears as if he is back and running full speed. When the team broke into tempo drills he replaced Jon Lewis and ran with the first team defensive line (the first D-Line group featured Shuler and Donahue at the ends and Xavier Pegues at the nose).
- Dravon Askew-Henry is showing gradual improvement as he returns from his ACL tear. Although he was not dressed he was jogging around the practice field and even ran some sprints at the opposite end of the field while the team was doing team work. I would be surprised if he isn't full go when fall camp commences.
- It's apparent that Dana Holgorsen has really embraced his new role on special teams. Holgorsen was easily the most vocal coach as the team went through punt and PAT/Field Goal drills and he regularly chided players for missed assignments and a lack of physicality. Tony Gibson worked with the returners during punts.
- Punt returners were Gary Jennings, Jovon Durante, David Sills and Tevin Bush.
- Mike Molina went 2-for-4 in the field goals we saw. The two misses were on a blocked kick (from 20 something yards out) and a ball he hooked wide right (from a little beyond 35 yards out). Molina did however hit a 46 yarder.
- Towards the end of media availability Tevin Bush broke off a nice run (Bush ran with the second team offense). On the run he was able to cut outside and showed some shiftiness in getting up field. He gained about 15-20 yards on the run. Jake Spavital and Tony Dews have both been complimentary of Bush thus far and from observing him for a few plays I can see why.
- While we have all heard about Will Grier's accuracy and arm strength, one of his more underrated qualities is his ability to sell the run on play action. During the tempo period Grier faked handoffs multiple times and fired quick passes to the outside (as you will see above he even got me a few times).
West Virginia Goes Through Its 13th Practice of the Spring
Prep NC Top Stories
MadFriars Q&A: Mark Conner Talks Draft ClassSuccesses in drafting and developing talent have been few and far between over the years for the San Diego Padres, but increased financial resources and greater organizational…
The Opening Evaluation: RB Ricky PersonScout evaluates four-star Wake Forest (N.C.) Heritage running back and NC State commit Ricky Person's performance at The Opening Finals in Oregon.
Scout Football2:35 PM
2019 4-star OLB's recruitment surgingElizabeth City (N.C.) Northeastern junior outside linebacker Traveon Freshwater's stock continues to rise and he spoke with Scout about the latest developments in his recruitment.
Scout Football11:48 AM
Immanuel Bates has 3 he wants to visitPHILADELPHIA -- Which schools is four-star recruit Immanuel Bates planning to visit? Who are his most recent offers? Bates weighs in at the Under Armour All-American Camp.
Scout Hoops11:25 AM